Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 2 cups fresh grated pumpkin
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- zest from half of large orange
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips plus more to sprinkle
- 2 filo pastry sheets
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- optional: 2-3 tbsp chopped walnuts or pecan
You will also need:
- Preheat oven at 355 F = 180 C.
- Cook pumpkin with oil and sugar until soft and glassy.
- Add cinnamon, orange zest and lime juice, stir and cook for additional 2 minutes. If you’re using walnuts or pecan, add those now.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool a bit then add 2 tbsp chocolate chips. Stir to incorporate evenly (if you want the chips melted, add them right after you turned the heat off).
- Cut filo pastry in half then cut the halves in half again. Brush one square with butter then layer another square on top.
- Place the pastry prepared as above in an aluminium muffin mold.
- Repeat for all pastry squares and muffin molds.
- Place the muffin molds on a baking sheet and bake in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes or until filo pastry turns golden.
- Remove from oven, let cool a bit then sprinkle additional chocolate chips as desired.
- Serve cold or warm.
Pumpkin bread with chocolate chips
Pumpkin cake with lemon cheese frosting
Rice pudding bars with Oreo and pumpkin crust
You may also like
Pages: 1 2