Apple Pork Loin Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 sour apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- fresh rosemary or sage (about 10 leaves sage or 2 small rosemary twigs)
- 2 cups white bread cubes, crust less
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- about 1 cup chicken broth (more if needed)
- 3 oz pork loin, roll cut
You will also need:
- Preheat oven to 375 F = 190 C.
- Roll cut the pork loin.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, apples and rosemary or sage. Saute until softened.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in the bread, egg, butter, salt and pepper. Add the chicken broth gradually until everything is well moistened.
- Let the stuffing mixture cool completely before putting it in the pork loin.
- Lay your pork on a working surface and add stuffing, making sure it’s spread evenly.
- Roll the pork over the stuffing, ending with the seam down and fat side up.
- Lightly score the fat with a sharp knife.
- Tightly tie the pork roast up with butcher’s twine, season it with more salt and pepper, and transfer to a non stick roasting pan.
- Roast for about 90 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for about 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with crispy potato roast and roasted long peppers salad.
Pages: 1 2