This baked pears recipe only uses four ingredients and is a sweet and easy breakfast or dessert idea! Serve these delicious baked pears with honey, pecans & cinnamon from the oven by themselves or with a spoonful of yogurt or a scoop of ice cream.
Baked pears recipe
This baked pears recipe may seem simple, but don’t let that fool you! These cinnamon baked pears are incredibly tasty! Honestly, baking them is probably the best way to enjoy these fruits because they become soft and buttery like and all their delicious flavors really pop out!
The other great thing about making baked pears? Your fruit doesn’t need to be in their prime point to be delicious. You can use pears that are a bit unripe or that are just about to go bad, this cooking method is truly forgiving.
Oh and they are so easy to make! If you can pour some honey then you can make these baked pears. And they are going to come out delicious I can guarantee that.
Other fruit desserts you will love:
- Apple pie cups with puff pastry
- Blueberry buttermilk cake
- Mixed berry crisp
- Peach nests with amaretti biscuits
How do you serve this baked pears recipe?
I love to serve this dessert like in the pictures. Cut lengthwise with the flesh side up. They are rustic and beautiful on their own!
However you can dice the pears instead and bake them in tiny ramekins. That’s better if you want to serve them for kids that will love eating them with their hands.
What do you serve with baked pears?
Baked pears are amazing on their own! Thanks to the baking time they get infused with all the cinnamon and honey flavors will slightly caramelizing on top. Oh, my! The pecans also give them that little crunch that makes it more interesting. Needless to say I love to serve them as is. Nothing extra added.
However here are a couple of delicious pairing:
- Yogurt: Perfect if you are serving them in the morning for breakfast.
- Ice cream: A scoop of vanilla ice cream over warm pears is just amazing!
- Chocolate syrup: Probably the most indulgent topping idea a drizzle of chocolate syrup and a sprinkle of sea salt go amazing with the soft and sweet honey baked pears.
Save this recipe for later, I’m sure it will come out handy.
Pin to save for later
Baked pear dessert
Cut pears in half. Cut a small sliver off the bottom so the pains remain straight when baking. Using a teaspoon core out the seeds. Place the pears, side up, in a baking dish.
In a small bowl combine half the honey with half the cinnamon and half the vanilla. Drizzle over the pears and take to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
While the pears are baking combine the remaining honey, cinnamon and vanilla with pecans. Pour over the pears and bake for 10 more minutes or until soft and slightly golden.
Print the recipe
Baked pears recipe with honey, cinnamon & pecans
- 3 Pears
- ⅓ Cup honey
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup pecans roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cut pears in half.
- Cut a small sliver off the bottom so the pains remain straight when baking.
- Using a teaspoon core out the seeds.
- Place the pears, side up, in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine half the honey with half the cinnamon and half the vanilla. Drizzle over the pears and take to the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the pears are baking combine the remaining honey, cinnamon and vanilla with pecans. Pour over the pears and bake for 10 more minutes or until soft and slightly golden.