Brined Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe
For the brine:
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- cold water to cover turkey
- 3 lbs turkey breast, boneless and skinless (you can keep both bone and skin on if you prefer)
For the rub:
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp dry thyme powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- cranberry orange sauce for serving (recipe follows)
You will also need:
- Preheat oven to 350 C = 180 C
- Place salt and boiling water in a tall pot. Stir until salt dissolves. Add ice cubes and stir until water is cold. Place turkey in pot and add enough cold water to cover. Stir brine around turkey, cover pot and refrigerate overnight (anything between 12 and 24 hrs works).
- Make the rub: mix dry ingredients, in a bowl then stir in oil.
- Remove turkey from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Rub spice mixture over breast then place in foil pan.
- Place pan in the middle of the oven and cook for about 1 1⁄2 hours, basting every half an hour.
- Remove turkey to a cutting board and let rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with cranberry orange sauce.
Turkey and Red Pesto panini
Thanksgiving leftover mashed potato pancakes
Thanksgiving crispy potato roast
You may also like
Pages: 1 2