Caramel popcorn pretzel bars
I would like to open this article by saying: Oh.My.Goodness!!! I died and gone to heaven! These little treats are simply to die for! They are insanely, dangerously addictive and I haven’t realized that until I was done making them, followed by frantically stuffing my face!
And now I’m just going to take a deep breath and become a normal person so I could tell you why these things are as amazing as they look like. I’m very much in awe of how delicious this creation is and as I see it now, these caramel popcorn pretzel bars will always have a special place on my table.
These flavors are all my favorites and the combination is as delicious as it sounds. It’s the perfect combination of textures and flavors. I really love caramel and when paired with nuts my excitement is up the roof. But I never thought popcorn and pretzels will add up to the excitement as much as they did, through their added crunchiness and a little touch of saltiness.
There’s marshmallows in there too and although their taste is not obvious once incorporated into the caramel sauce, they do contribute greatly to the overall amazing flavor and texture.
Of course these will do nothing to your diet and I’m sorry about that but seriously, if you keep balance in mind as I try to do all the time, you can indulge occasionally and if you do, why not cheat with these heavenly caramel popcorn pretzel bars?
Caramel popcorn pretzel bars recipe
Chewy & Crunchy Caramel popcorn pretzel bars
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 cups plain popped popcorn
- 4 cups coarsely chopped small salted pretzels
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, toss together popcorn, pretzels and nuts
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil over medium-high
- Boil until mixture is amber in color, approx 12 minutes
- Remove pan from heat and slowly pour in cream (mixture will sputter so be careful)
- Immediately add marshmallows and stir until melted
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and pretzels and quickly stir with a rubber spatula to coat well
- Transfer mixture to a glass tray
- Coat a piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray then to press evenly into tray
- Sprinkle with coarse salt if preferred
- Let cool or transfer to fridge for 30 minutes before cutting into bars
Latest posts by Petro (see all)
- Reusable Snack Bag Sewing Tutorial - June 20, 2019
- 35 Easy crafts for kids to keep them entertained all summer long - June 18, 2019
- Sparkling Lemon Berry Iced Tea - June 17, 2019