DIY Sock Snowman Tutorial
- socks (I used 3 pairs for 3 snowmen)
- polyfill or rice
- needle (or glue for smaller kids)
- Cut one sock at the heel.
- Fill the “foot” part with polyfill to the top.
- Grab some thread and wrap around the top to close the sock.
- Decide how big the body will be and separate the head from the body with thread.
- Hand stitch the buttons onto the body (if smaller kids are making this, use glue instead)
- Add pins as eyes and nose (or hand stitch with colored thread; I didn’t have black pins so I used thread).
- Use the rest of the sock to make the hat. Wrap some thread around the cut end and pull the other end over the head.
- Use a full sock as a scarf.
- If using polyfill, your snowman might have troubles standing so use 4 pins as “legs”. Or here’s an idea that occured to me after I’ve finished my snowmen: right before filling with polyfill, turn the sock wrong side out and wrap some thread around the tip, then turn the sock right side out and proceed as indicated above.
- And you’re done! Your DIY sock snowman is ready!
DIY Wire Snowman
DIY plywood Christmas tree
You may also like
Pages: 1 2