- fabric twine (get the tutorial to make your own here)
- jeans needle (if your twine is thick, otherwise use a regular, woven needle)
- jeans thread (if your twine is thick, otherwise use a regular, woven needle)
- sewing machine
Liberty of London Sewing Fabric
Sew Smarter: 30 Professional Techniques
Machine Savvy: Tips for Creative Sewing (FREE mini-class w/ Linda McGehee)
Sew Better, Sew Faster: Advanced Industry Techniques (w/ Janet Pray)
- Take the fabric twine and coil it into a small circle, using pins to keep it in place. Remove the pins as you sew.
- Keep the rope hanging on the floor, on your right hand side with the coil on the left under the foot & needle.
- Set your machine to a wide zig zag stitch that will capture both sides of the twine. Don’t sew too tight as the trivet will tend to curl up as it grows.
- Stitch the trivet until you reach the desired size.
- Tightly sew the end of the twine onto the trivet and finish with a few securing stitches.
- And you’re done!
GET MORE INSPIRATION HERE >> FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST