This Homemade Easy Apple Pie, made with filo pastry is not only simple and quick to make but a great low fat alternative to the classic apple pie. A sure crowd pleaser!
Homemade Easy Apple Pie
This quick Homemade Easy apple pie recipe is ready in a flash, and is also a little bit healthier than other versions as it’s using filo pastry instead of puff pastry. With a golden filo pastry on the outside and a juicy, moist inner, this pie is pure bliss! Especially if your apples are extra juicy and flavorful!
Crisp, flaky and delicious, this pie can be your regular dessert or make a fancy one at a more festive event, dressed up with cinnamon, fresh apples and whipped cream. Using the filo pastry makes this pie extra quick to put together and also bake so it makes the recipe a great last minute dessert idea.
This pie is probably the best apple pie I’ve ever ate! And since it’s super quick to (about 30 minutes) it makes this one of our most favorite and go to desserts, perfect for lazy family Sundays!
Homemade Easy Apple Pie Recipe
- 5 juicy, sweet apples
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 1 oz = 30 g sugar (a little more if apples are not very sweet)
- 1 oz = 30 g unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon plus a little more for dressing
- handfull crushed walnuts (or more if you really like walnuts)
- icing sugar for dressing
- non stick pan
- Preheat the oven to 390 F = 200 C.
- Clean and peel the apples then grate them (not very fine though as it will make the apples way too juicy).
- Brown the grated apple in a non stick pan with the butter and sugar for 10 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Add the cinnamon and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the crushed walnuts and mix.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with wax paper.
- Then stack 2 sheets of filo pastry, buttering each, then lay the caramelized apple, then 2 other filo pastry sheets and so on then finish with some filo pastry.
- Sprinkle with some icing sugar.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the top filo pastry sheets get slightly golden (keep a little more if you want them crispy).
- Sprinkle cinnamon and icing sugar once cooled a little.