How to make bag handles
- strip of fabric 26″ x 5″ = 67 cm x 13 cm (I used mustard canvas)
- zipper foot
- bag cording 3/8″ = 10 mm
- if you’re using canvas as I did, you’ll need canvas/jeans needle of 100/16 or 110/18 and heavy duty thread too.
- sewing machine
- Match the raw edges of the fabric strip, lengthwise, right side in and sew down that line with a 1/4″ seam allowance to make a tube.
- Turn the tube right side out, press the tube so the seam falls in the middle, and press.
SEE MY MOST RECENT VIDEOS HERE
- Lay your cording 2″ = 5 cm away from one end of the handle and stop at 2″ away from the other end.
- Match the edges of the fabric strip so it wraps around the cord and pin in place.
- Using a zipper foot, sew around the edge a 1/8″ seam.
- If you think your cording needs more stability so it won’t slip out, glue the ends down to the fabric before sewing closed.
- You’re done! Now attach your beautiful corded handles to that gorgeous bag you’re making!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Pin to save for later
GET MORE INSPIRATION HERE >> FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
More bag articles you might like:
Most Popular Sewing Articles:
Pages: 1 2