Spicy omelette recipe
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 medium green chili, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, grated
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- grated cheese (optional)
You will also need:
Cooking With Spices: Techniques for Big Flavor
Craftsy Food and Cooking Classes
20 Essential Cooking Techniques (w/ Brendan McDermott)
Cooking Mistakes: What Can Go Wrong and How To Make it Right (w/Joel Gamoran)
- Heat the oil in the pan and sautee the onion, chilli, ginger, bell pepper and garlic until onion is glassy.
- Add turmeric and saute for additional minute.
- Add the other spices and cook for a few minutes, stirring often
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add milk and salt to taste.
- Now add the spiced veggies to the eggs.
- Add the mixture back to the pan.
- Sprinkle some lime juice while cooking
- Cook for a few minutes and then flip over then sprinkle some lime juice.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle some more chili powder and grated cheese (optional)
- Enjoy your Indian spicy omelette recipe!
Omelette Sandwich Breakfast Idea
Spicy Ham and Cheese Sandwich Breakfast Idea
Breakfast Pizza with Eggs, Ham and Cheese
Most popular recipes
More egg breakfast ideas you might like:
- Poached eggs in spicy tomato sauce
- Breakfast tacos for a crowd
- Breakfast galette
- Paleo baked eggs in honeynut squash
- Instant pot sweet potatoes with eggs
- Chorizo breakfast tacos
- Green chili cheddar egg bake
- Breakfast rolls
- Bacon egg & cheese breakfast donuts
- Egg breakfast muffins
- Chili egg puff casserole