Light tasty summer salads recipes
As the temperatures get higher every day, I feel like eating lighter meals; most of the time no meat ones are my favorite. I find it hard to fulfill my need for spicy food too so I may need to put that aside for a while and resort to some light tasty summer salads instead.
It’s a good thing I love salads, I have one almost every day with my favorites being this Roasted carrots and Baby Spinach salad with Chickpeas, Feta and Pistachios and the Nectarine and cucumber salad with honey mustard sauce, both perfect at summer time. I like to serve these light tasty summer salads as they are or to pair the Nectarine cucumber one with some cottage cheese and whole wheat toast.
So I’ve been looking for some great light tasty summer salads recipes to make this summer and I found some I think you will enjoy. These are quick and easy to make, require no cooking and are the perfect way to enjoy the produce in season now. With so much healthy goodness around this season you should just ditch the supermarket pre-made salads and get stuck into these fresh and healthy summer salads.
14 Light tasty summer salads
- Balsamic beet salad with arugula, goat cheese and walnuts – There is nothing quite like fresh beets from the farm. This simple, delicious Balsamic Beet Salad with Arugula, Goat Cheese and Walnuts is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
- Peach, Brown Rice, Blueberry, Avocado, Chipotle – The combo in this salad is better than restaurant food!
- Colorful summer squash salad – This simple summer dish will stun your friends when they see how beautiful and colorful this salad really is.
- Lemony marinated vegetable salad with quinoa – If you have a lot of veggies taking up space in your refrigerator try this one out. You will be pleasantly surprised.
- Clementine vinaigrette salad – A refreshing spring salad, perfect for those hot summer days too, made with Clementine oranges, goat cheese, and baby mixed greens.
- Lemon Dill Bulgur Salad with Salmon – A refreshing healthy and hearty dish and a perfect light summer meal.
- Curried Quinoa and Chickpea Salad with Carrots, Apples & Raisins – Colorful and packed full of flavor, this is a great dish for your next barbeque, potluck or picnic, it is also a wonderful light meal all on it’s own.
- Orange and date salad with pistachios – Have it as a light lunch, but it would be an excellent starter for a meal too.
- Watermelon goat cheese salad – You can make this all summer long as watermelon is one of the summer fruits.
- Spinach salad with strawberries and candied almonds – Pair this light salad with pasta, sauce and cheese plus a crusty loaf of bread and you get yourself a yummy meal
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa – Aka Texas Caviar, this recipe makes a ton and is excellent for summer potlucks.
- Forest salad with carrots raspberry ginger dressing – This salad is a vibrant snapshot of some of Mother Nature’s beautiful gifts.
- Bacon, Kale, & Tomato salad – Anything with bacon rocks, but bacon paired with all of the fresh veggies is really awesome!
- Red, White and Blueberry Fruit Salad – The perfect salad to take on your 4th of July picnic.