Easy Creamy Potato Soup
- 6 medium large potatoes or 8 smaller ones, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 16 oz = 450 g smoked ham, diced
- 1 cup of fresh celery root, diced or 1 can cream of celery soup
- 16 oz = 0.5 l chicken broth or 1 can chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used white cheddar cheese but any type would do just as great)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 16 oz 450 g bacon slices, cooked
- handful parsley, chopped
For the homemade chicken broth:
- 8 small chicken backs
- 1 onion, whole
- handful parsley
- 3 medium carrots
SEE MY MOST RECENT VIDEOS HERE
- To make your homemade chicken broth: Place chicken backs in a large pot with carrots, whole onion and parsley and cover with 1 1/5 gallon = 6 l water. Boil, skim then turn heat down to a simmer. Continue simmering for 3 hours, skimming if necessary. Strain through a sieve.
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes. Place in a large sieve, wash again thoroughly and strain.
- Place in the bottom of a medium large pot.
- Add onion, ham, celery root, chicken broth and cover in water.
- Bring to a boil then turn the heat on low and cook for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- 15 minutes before turning the heat off, add garlic, black pepper and half the cheese.
- Whisk together flour and milk in a small bowl and pour into the pot.
- Cook bacon in a non stick skillet, until brown and crispy.
- Garnish your creamy loaded potato soup with the remaining cheese, bacon bits and chopped parsley (or dill, it works great too!).
Chicken and whole egg soup
Vegetable and Chicken backs and wings soup
Chicken soup with semolina dumplings
Most popular recipes
More soup recipes you might like:
- Easy cheesy taco soup
- Best lasagna soup
- Corned beef and cabbage soup
- Baja chicken enchilada soup
- Chicken tortellini soup
- Slow cooker Mexican street corn chowder
- Turkey chowder
- Detox lentil soup
- Roasted acorn squash soup
- Roasted carrot soup
- Minnesota wild rice hotdish soup
Pages: 1 2