Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 15 oz fresh pumpkin, grated
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- ground walnuts for dusting (optional)
- cinnamon for dusting (optional)
You will also need:
- 2 bowls
- hand mixer
- removable bottom, round cake pan (I used a 10″ = 26 cm pan)
- parchment paper
- butter or oil for greasing
- Prepare a round cake pan by greasing and lining with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix pumpkin, 2 cups white sugar, and oil.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and using a hand mixer, beat until well blended.
- Add pumpkin seeds and blend well.
- Pour batter into a greased round cake pan.
- Bake at 350 F = 175 C for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely
- Remove from the cake pan
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add 1 3/4 cups icing sugar, and mix well. Add lemon zest and mix thoroughly. Add milk if needed, until frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Cut the cake horizontally, right through the middle.
- Add frosting in between layers and on top then sprinkle with ground walnuts and cinnamon.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days (you most likely won’t have to deal with this issue though, it’ll be gone in minutes!)
Most Popular Recipes
Pumpkin Desserts You Might Like:
- Browned butter pumpkin cake
- Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Scones
- Homemade pumpkin twinkies
- Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts
Pages: 1 2