Red Velvet Cake Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups Cake Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons gel red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- white chocolate (1 large baking chocolate bar)
- dark chocolate flakes/sprinkles
- coconut flakes
- Love Cookie Cutters (you may need a few sets if you want to work faster)
- Preheat oven to 350 F = 175 C
- Butter two 9 inch = 23 cm round cake pans and line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl sift together the flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer, beat the butter until soft about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Whisk the heavy cream with the red food coloring.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and heavy cream mixture to the butter mixture, in small additions, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Combine the vinegar and baking powder. Allow the mixture to fizz and then quickly fold into the cake batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for approximately 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes in their pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Place a wire rack on top of the cake pan and invert, lifting off the pan.
- Once the cakes have completely cooled, place the cake layers in the refrigerator for 1/2 an hour.
- Cut LOVE letters with the cookie cutters and place on a large plate. Don’t remove the red cookies from the cookie cutters (that’s why is best to have a few sets on hand)
- Take each letter and lightly press the cakes down to make room for pouring the white chocolate
SEE MY MOST RECENT VIDEOS HERE
- Melt the white chocolate. Place the chocolate in a microwavable bowl, keep in the microwave on high temperature for 30 seconds, than in increments of 15 seconds until all chocolate is melted. Lightly stir in between sessions.
- Pour the chocolate over the cakes in the cookie cutters, sprinkle dark chocolate flakes/sprinkles and coconut flakes and place on a large plate.
- When all cookies are topped with chocolate, place the plate in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Gently press the cakes from the chocolate covered tops to remove from cookie cutters.
- Enjoy your red velvet chocolate chip cookies!
Pin to save for later
Similar posts you might like
Most Popular Recipes
Pages: 1 2