Strawberry Swiss Roll Recipe
For the cake
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup finely granulated sugar plus more to sprinkle
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sifted flour plus more for dusting
- butter, room temperature for brushing the pan
- cooking spray
- icing sugar for dusting
- optional: chocolate chips to decorate
For the filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 finely granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp pureed strawberries
You will also need:
- Swiss roll or jelly roll pan
- silicone spatula
- baking paper
- slightly damp kitchen towel
- hand mixer
- optional: piping bag to decorate with chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375 F = 190 C.
- Line the base of a Swiss roll pan with parchment paper. Brush the base and sides of the pan with melted butter and layer some baking paper then spray some oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the water and vanilla extract.
- Fold the flour into the egg mixture, a little at a time.
- Gently pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Spread out a piece of baking paper on a work surface and sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Gently invert the Swiss roll pan onto the sugared baking paper and carefully remove the pan and parchment paper from the bottom of the cake.
- Place a slightly damp, clean kitchen towel over the cake while it cools to keep it moist.
- Hull and slice some strawberries, then add to a blender or food processor. Process until blended into a puree. You will need 4 tablespoons puree, so add more sliced strawberries if needed.
- Whip the heavy cream with a hand mixer until it begins to form soft peaks. Mix in the sugar until stiff peaks begin to form, then add the 4 tbsp pureed strawberries. Spread the mixture over the sponge cake.
- With the longest side facing you, gently roll up the Swiss roll away from you.
- If you like to decorate with chocolate, melt some chocolate chips then drizzle the melted chocolate over the cake with a fork, a teaspoon or a piping bag.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar.
- Enjoy your beautiful strawberry Swiss roll!
Linzer cookies with strawberry jam
Chocolate covered sandwich cookies with strawberry jam
Pages: 1 2