These DIY Cork Coasters are an easy and fun eco-friendly way to turn your love for wine into awesome coasters that will protect your countertop in style.
DIY Cork Coasters
As you know by now, I love any craft that I can create using things I already have. I also love recycling! And these DIY Cork Coasters are the perfect way to recycle and reuse items that you otherwise just toss in the garbage bin.
If you are a wine person and don’t know how to find a better use for your corks other than trash, give these coasters a try. Simply twist your leftover wine corks, some hot glue and a ribbon onto these coasters.
I love the versatility of craft ideas that wine corks have inspired and this project is so easy and simple to make it would be a shame not to give it a try. These wine cork coasters are perfect for your next cocktail party and will make you the talk of your friends.
I don’t do alcohol but lucky me, some members of my family like to sip on a glass once in a while. And I was double lucky as they like white wine! Which means the corks were not stained and didn’t need any complicated preping to remove the stains, other than cleaning with dish liquid to remove the smell.
DIY Cork Coasters tutorial
- webbing (similar here)
- 19 wine corks (available here if you don’t have any)
- sharp cutter
- glue gun
- hot glue sticks
- Measure the webbing against the corks and make marks about 1/8″ away from the webbing, on both sides.
- Using a sharp cutting tool, cut all corks following these measurement
- Using your glue gun, glue all pieces together to form a honeycomb
- Glue the webbing on the outside of the newly formed coaster, applying glue one cork piece at a time.
- You’re done! Now enjoy your beautiful DIY cork coasters and celebrate with a glass of your favorite wine (or apple juice f you are a nerd like me)