DIY Cork Coasters Tutorial
Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
These DIY cork coasters are an easy and fun eco-friendly way to turn your love for wine into something awesome! Protect your countertop in style with a bunch of these cork coasters!
As you know by now, I love any craft that I can create using things I already have on hand and that other people usually trash after use. I love recycling! And these DIY cork coasters are the perfect way to recycle and reuse items that you otherwise just toss in the garbage bin.
If you are a wine person and don’t know how a better use for your corks other than trash, give these wine cork coasters a try. Simply twist your leftover wine corks, some hot glue and a ribbon onto these DIY wine cork coasters!
I love the versatility of craft ideas that wine corks have inspired and this DIY cork coasters project is so easy and simple to make it would be a shame not to give it a try. These wine cork coasters are perfect for your next cocktail party and will make you the talk of your friends!
I don’t do alcohol but luckily (lol), some members of my family like to sip on a glass once in a while. And I was double lucky as they like white wine! Which means the corks were not stained and didn’t need any complicated prepping to remove the stains, other than cleaning with dish liquid to remove the smell.
DIY Cork Coasters
- webbing (similar here)
- 19 wine corks (available here if you don’t have any)
- sharp cutter
- glue gun
- hot glue sticks
- Measure the webbing against the corks and mark about 1/8″ away from the webbing edges, on both sides.
- Using a sharp cutting tool, cut all corks following these measurements
- Using your glue gun, glue all pieces together to form a honeycomb
- Glue the webbing on the outside of the newly formed coaster, applying glue one cork piece at a time.
- You’re done! Now enjoy your beautiful DIY cork coasters and celebrate with a glass of your favorite wine (or apple juice if you are a nerd like me! lol)
Hi, I’m Petro, author and founder of Easy Peasy Creative Ideas. Sewist, crafter, avid DIY-er, foodie, photographer, homemaker and mommy to one. I’m an expert at coming up with quick, clever sewing tips, recycling crafts and simple, easy recipes! You can find my ideas featured in reputable publications such as Country Living, Good House Keeping, Yahoo News, WikiHow, Shutterfly, Parade, Brit & Co and more. Thanks for stopping by and hope you’ll stay for a while, get to know me better and come back another time. Stick around for real fun projects! Read more…