Rosemary infused oil (not to be confused with rosemary essential oil) is perfect for adding flavors to a variety of dishes from pizza to pasta or a steak. Here is how to make rosemary infused oil.
How to make rosemary infused oil
If you want to add some nice rosemary flavor for your steak or a salad, there’s no need to invest in store bought products. Making your own rosemary infused oil is so easy and you can use a base of your favorite oil like olive oil, sunflower oil, grape seeds etc
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Base of oil (I used sunflower oil as I wanted a soft flavor)
- Mason jar or a small glass bottle
- Wash the rosemary in water and completely dry
- Place the herbs in a jar or bottle (you can lightly crush them first for stronger flavor).
- Completely cover with oil.
- Secure the lid on the jar.
- Shake and leave for 2 weeks.
- Place the jar in a sunny place.
- Shake once a day.
- After 2 weeks, strain the oil and pour into a clean jar or bottle.
- Throw away the rosemary plant that separated from the oil during straining.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 month.
Rosemary oil can sometimes cause allergic reactions and should not be consumed by pregnant and nursing women.