This recipe for almond macaroons is so simple and easy, you will want to make this your go to recipe for every occasion! These almond macaroon cookies are quick and so delicious!
These almond macaroons are my go to recipe at Christmas, when I’m running out of time and I feel stressed and panicked that my desserts are not ready. These ground almond macaroons are so easy, quick and simple to whip up, it gives me peace of mind knowing that even if I have no time left to prepare fancy desserts, I have an easy option to put on the table.
But because these yummy in my tummy almond macaroon cookies are so easy and quick, I make them pretty often, not only for Christmas. These are not only great holiday cookies but are the perfect afternoon snack too or a quick dessert on lazy Sundays with the family!
More almond recipes you will love:
This recipe makes such awesome cookies in literally no time! These amazing almond macaroons are sweet, fragrant, crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, the perfect cookie for a 5 o’clock tea or next to a cup of coffee.
As I mentioned, they’re also a great last minute solution for holidays baking as you can put them together in less than 10 minutes and bake for about 20! And chances are you have all the ingredients on hand, especially if you like baking on a regular basis! Dip them in chocolate and add sprinkles for a more festive look!
If you want to get even fancier and enhance the flavors, you can add coconut for the most special coconut almond macaroons! Also if you don’t like any crunchy in your cookies you can bake macaroons made with almond flour, instead of using the raw almonds.
Almond Macaroons Recipe
Can you freeze almond macaroons?
Almond macaroons freeze well but cannot be re-freezed once thawed. They also tend to loose some of the crispiness after thawing. Place cooled macaroons in air-tight containers and freeze for up to a month. If you need to stack them, place baking paper between layers. Thaw at room temperature for a few hours before consuming.
This recipe is not only simple but it will make your house smell wonderfully too! Light and chewy, with simple ingredients, these cookies take no special skills to make.
How to make almond macaroons?
1. Preheat oven at 300 F = 150 C
2. Ground almonds and walnuts.
3. With a hand mixer, beat egg whites until firm.
4. Add sugar, almond and walnuts, and mix with a spatula until smooth.
5. Add vanilla sugar and rum or almond extract.
6. Drop batter with a tablespoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7 Dust with some icing sugar (optional)
8. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
Almond macaroons recipe
- egg whites from 3 medium eggs
- 7 oz = 200 g raw almonds
- handful raw walnuts
- 7 oz = 200 g icing sugar
- 1/2 oz = 15 g vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum or almond extract
- icing sugar for powdering optional
- Preheat oven at 300 F = 150 C
- Ground almonds and walnuts.
- With a mixer, beat egg whites until firm.
- Slowly add icing sugar, almond and walnuts, one tablespoon at a time and mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Add vanilla sugar and rum or almond extract.
- Drop batter with a tablespoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving about 2 inches in between cookies. Alternatively you can use a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2" plain tip.
- Dust with some icing sugar (optional)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
Pin to save for later