Make family dinners memorable with this flavorful and easy cabbage and sausage casserole! Hearty, comforting food that everyone will enjoy!
Cabbage And Sausage Recipe
Cabbage recipes can get either boring or heavy on the tummy and these are the main reasons we were not huge fans. But not with this amazing cabbage and sausage casserole!
Made with fresh cabbage and mini sausages, this delicious sausage cabbage casserole is slowly baked in the oven until cabbage is soft and the flavors blend to perfection! I can’t wait to make it again, this cabbage and sausage casserole is so incredibly yum!
What’s super amazing about this cabbage and sausage casserole is that it only uses a handful of simple, easy ingredients. I love using fresh cabbage because it’s so juicy that it doesn’t need much oil to cook. I also opted for mini sausages which were just a little smoked and slightly spicy, adding just the right extra flavor to this dish. Plus they were low in fat so extra points for the healthy factor.
I also wanted to add an onion which brings a little bit of sweetness to this baked cabbage with sausage recipe. And made everything even more appealing to the eye with a touch of tomato sauce which also added just enough tartness to make this cabbage and sausage casserole the perfect dinner idea!
This sausage and cabbage casserole is such a filling, satisfying dish and will be loved by both adults and kids!
Cabbage And Sausage Casserole
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato sause
- 15 mini sausages, lightly smoked and spicy
- 20 peppercorns
- 4 small bay leaves
- 1 or 2 cups water
You will also need:
- sharp knife
- vegetable grater
- glass baking dish
- non stick skillet
- bamboo spatula
- pasta/salad thongs
- serving spoon
- Pre heat oven to 350 F
- Peel the first couple of layers of the cabbage, then cut into 8 wedges.
- Grate small.
- Sprinkle cabbage with salt and mix well then transfer to a baking dish
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet and saute onions until glassy.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for another minute.
- Pour the tomato onion mix over the cabbage and mix to coat well using pasta thongs.
- Press mini sausages.
- Add peppercorns and bay leaves
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on the amount of juice your cabbage has.
- When the juice has dissolved, remove baking dish from the oven, add a cup of water then return to the oven and bake at 325 F for an additional hour.
- Serve with pickled chili peppers – optional
You might like these too:
Most Popular Recipes