Everybody loves to eat cherries in the summer, but the most precious part of this fruit is always thrown away: the stalks! They seem to be the most beneficial part of the cherry.
I’m pretty sure your first thought was “Tying a note with my tongue” but no, that’s not the subject I’m going to cover in this article. I’m so sorry to disappoint you, hope we’ll still be friends after this. I’m going to write about cherry stalks uses and benefits for your health, benefits many people don’t know about.
I have kidney stones and sand in both kidneys and a couple of lumps in my left one, lumps that are yet to be diagnosed and one of my doctor’s recommendations was cherry stalks tea. I didn’t know or understand why at that time but after doing some research on cherry stalks uses, I found out their benefits cover a wide area.
According to specialists, cherry stalks contain volatile oils and potassium salts which have good anti-inflammatory and diuretic benefits. Cherry stalks are also known to cure kidney disease, gout and rheumatism. They have a calming effect, clean your blood, help with arthritis and atherosclerosis, lower cholesterol and are a great help in weight loss and cellulitis.
So if you make cherry jam or compote or simply eat a lot of cherries, you shouldn’t throw the stems away. They make a great, refreshing tea with a very pleasant flavor; I would encourage you all to try it. If you don’t like it, you’ve got nothing to lose.
Here are 2 cherry stalks uses:
Cherry stalks tea
- To use the cherry stems you have to dry them first. Spread them on a clean paper and let them sit for a few days to dry completely. Then store them in paper or cloth bags.
- For a cup of tea you’ll need 2 teaspoons of dried cherry stems, brew and cover for 10 minutes.
Cherry stalks bath
- Take 4 handfuls of cherry stems and boil in approx 3 l = 1 gal of water for 10 minutes.
- Add 2-3 cinnamon sticks and 20 linden leaves
- Let it steep for 1 hour and then use it as bathing water. It will liven you up and let your skin breath.
- Put this mixture in a small tub and keep your feet in it for 20 minutes. Those heel pains will go away and you will feel lighter.
If you know of any other cherry stalks uses I’d love to hear about them so please share below.