You’ve got to try this fabulous bacon wrapped turkey breast! A lip-smacking crowd-pleaser recipe, perfect for your Thanksgiving dinner, this bacon wrapped turkey recipe works best if you don’t host a big party!
Bacon wrapped turkey breast
Turkey is a classic holiday dish, but cooking an entire turkey is a lot of work! On top of storing and prepping the huge bird, you also have to cook it for hours. This year, why not make your job a little easier by swapping out your turkey for turkey breast tenderloins and a simple but delicious bacon wrapped turkey breast recipe?
More turkey recipes you’ll love:
- Lemon garlic & herb roasted turkey breast
- Leftover turkey stuffed sweet potatoes
- Moroccan turkey stuffed bell peppers
- Sweet spicy turkey breast with vegetables
- Turkey veggie soup
- One sheet pan turkey bake with vegetables
- Brined roasted turkey breast
With this delicious turkey breast with bacon, which features a sweet honey garlic rub and crispy bacon wrap, your family will be happy you decided to cook turkey breast this Thanksgiving. Here are a few facts you might find useful, before making your bacon wrapped turkey recipe.
What is a Turkey Breast Tenderloin?
A turkey breast tenderloin is a cut of turkey. Essentially, it is the turkey’s breast meat with the skin and bones removed. That means it’s much smaller than a traditional turkey or even just the breast portion of a turkey. So, the cook time is much shorter but you still get all that delicious turkey breast flavor everyone loves during the holiday season. Turkey breast tenderloins usually come in two large pieces – made up of each side of the turkey breast.
How Many People Does a Tenderloin Serve?
Depending on the size of the turkey breast tenderloin, it typically serves four to six people. That makes it perfect for a small holiday get-together or even a delicious weeknight meal during the holiday season!
How to Wrap a Turkey Breast in Bacon
There are several ways to wrap your turkey breast in bacon, but I have found the best way to make sure the bacon cooks through and stays in place as the turkey cooks is to weave the bacon pieces together.
Start by placing two to three strips of bacon vertically over the top of the turkey breast. You want to make sure the bacon slices cover the turkey breast completely without overlapping the sides of each strip of bacon. Next, lay two to three pieces of bacon horizontally over the top of the vertical strips. Weave the horizontal strips through the vertical strips to create a woven pattern on top of the turkey breast.
After the bacon has been placed over the top of the turkey breast tenderloins, tuck the ends of the bacon underneath the turkey breast. Make sure the bacon strips are wrapped tightly over the top of the turkey as it rests on the pan.
How to Make the Bacon Crispy
You may notice that your turkey is almost finished cooking but the bacon isn’t quite crispy enough on the outside of the turkey. To ensure you have nice, crispy bacon wrapped around your turkey breast, turn on your broiler. Let the turkey breasts cook under the broiler for a few minutes, keeping an eye on the bacon as it cooks to prevent it from burning.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
To make your delicious bacon wrapped turkey breast you’ll need olive oil, honey, garlic, thyme, parsley,turkey breast tenderloin and bacon.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by wrapping with aluminum foil. Place a wire roasting rack on top of the pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, garlic, thyme, and parsley. Brush half the mixture over the top and bottom of each turkey breast tenderloin.
3. Weave the bacon strips over the top of each turkey breast. Brush the remaining honey mixture over the top of the bacon.
4. Place the wrapped turkey breasts on the roasting rack and bake for one hour (until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees).
5. Turn on broiler and cook for three to five minutes to crisp the bacon, if needed.
6. Allow the turkey to rest for five to 10 minutes before slicing.
Print the recipe
Bacon wrapped turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3-4 pound turkey breast tenderloin
- 10-12 pieces of bacon
- baking sheet
- aluminium foil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by wrapping with aluminum foil. Place a wire roasting rack on top of the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, garlic, thyme, and parsley.
- Brush half the mixture over the top and bottom of each turkey breast tenderloin.
- Weave the bacon strips over the top of each turkey breast. Brush the remaining honey mixture over the top of the bacon.
- Place the wrapped turkey breasts on the roasting rack and bake for one hour (until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees). Turn on broiler and cook for three to five minutes to crisp the bacon, if needed.
- Allow the turkey to rest for five to 10 minutes before slicing.
Pin to save for later