Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
You’ve got to try this fabulous bacon wrapped turkey breast! A lip-smacking crowd-pleaser recipe, perfect for your Thanksgiving dinner, this bacon wrapped turkey recipe works best if you don’t host a big party!
Bacon wrapped turkey breast
Turkey is a classic holiday dish, but cooking the whole bird is a lot of work! On top of storing and prepping the huge bird, you also have to cook it for hours. This year, why not make your job a little easier by swapping out your turkey for turkey breast tenderloins and a simple but delicious bacon wrapped turkey breast recipe?
The holidays are a time to celebrate and enjoy time with family and friends. This recipe will put you in the mood to celebrate. Plus bacon! Lots of bacon! Bacon adds flavor and moisture to the turkey, and it helps keep this turkey breast moist and juicy.
More turkey recipes you’ll love:
- Lemon garlic & herb roasted turkey breast
- Leftover turkey stuffed sweet potatoes
- Moroccan turkey stuffed bell peppers
- Sweet spicy turkey breast with vegetables
- Turkey veggie soup
- One sheet pan turkey bake with vegetables
- Brined roasted turkey breast
- Roasted turkey with herbs
With this delicious turkey breast with bacon, which features a sweet honey garlic rub and crispy bacon wrap, your family will be happy you decided to cook turkey breast this Thanksgiving or Christmas. Here are a few facts you might find useful, before making your bacon wrapped turkey recipe.
What is a Turkey Breast Tenderloin?
A turkey breast tenderloin is a cut of turkey. Essentially, it is the turkey’s breast meat with the skin and bones removed. That means it’s much smaller than a traditional turkey or even just the breast portion of a turkey. So, the cook time is much shorter but you still get all that delicious turkey breast flavor everyone loves during the holiday season. Turkey breast tenderloins usually come in two large pieces – made up of each side of the turkey breast.
How Many People Does a Tenderloin Serve?
Depending on the size of the turkey breast tenderloin, it typically serves four to six people. That makes it perfect for a small holiday get-together or even a delicious weeknight meal during the holiday season!
How to Wrap a Turkey Breast in Bacon
There are several ways to wrap your turkey breast in bacon, but I have found the best way to make sure the bacon cooks through and stays in place as the turkey cooks is to weave the bacon pieces together.
Start by placing two to three strips of bacon vertically over the top of the turkey breast. You want to make sure the bacon slices cover the turkey breast completely without overlapping the sides of each strip of bacon. Next, lay two to three pieces of bacon horizontally over the top of the vertical strips. Weave the horizontal strips through the vertical strips to create a woven pattern on top of the turkey breast.
After the bacon has been placed over the top of the turkey breast tenderloins, tuck the ends of the bacon underneath the turkey breast. Make sure the bacon strips are wrapped tightly over the top of the turkey as it rests on the pan.
How do you keep bacon from burning on turkey?
To prevent the bacon from burning on the turkey, you can cover it with a foil tent while baking. This will help to protect the bacon and keep it from getting too crispy before the turkey is fully cooked.
You can also try lowering the oven temperature slightly and cooking for a longer period of time to ensure that the bacon cooks evenly without burning.
Additionally, you can baste the turkey with butter or oil throughout the cooking process to help keep the bacon moist and prevent it from burning. Experiment with different methods to find what works best for you!
How to Make the Bacon Crispy
You may notice that your turkey is almost finished cooking but the bacon isn’t quite crispy enough on the outside of the turkey. To ensure you have nice, crispy bacon wrapped around your turkey breast, turn on your broiler. Let the turkey breasts cook under the broiler for a few minutes, keeping an eye on the bacon as it cooks to prevent it from burning.
What happens if you overcook turkey bacon?
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s nearly impossible to overcook the turkey breast. Since it doesn’t have any skin or bones, there’s no risk of overcooking the meat and drying it out. As long as you follow the recommended cooking time, your turkey breast will come out juicy and delicious every time!
Can I sprinkle brown sugar on my turkey breast?
Yes, you can! Sprinkling some brown sugar on your turkey breast before wrapping it in bacon can add a delicious sweet and savory flavor to the dish. You can also mix the brown sugar with other spices or herbs for added depth of flavor. Give it a try and see how delicious it can be!
Sprinkling brown sugar over the bacon-wrapped turkey breast before cooking can also help to caramelize the bacon and add a nice crispy texture.
How do I put moisture in my turkey breast?
One of the biggest concerns when cooking turkey is keeping it moist. Here are a few tips to help you put moisture back into your turkey breast:
- Brine your turkey: Soaking your turkey breast in a saltwater solution before cooking can add moisture and flavor.
- Use a marinade: A marinade with acidic ingredients like lemon juice or vinegar can help tenderize and add moisture to the turkey breast.
- Baste continuously: During cooking, basting your turkey with butter or oil can help add moisture and flavor.
- Cover with foil: As mentioned before, covering your turkey breast with foil while baking can help trap moisture and prevent it from drying out.
How do you keep turkey breast warm after cooking?
To keep your turkey breast warm after cooking, you can wrap it in foil and place it in a warm oven (around 200°F) until ready to serve.
You can also place the cooked turkey breast in a slow cooker on the “warm” setting or cover it with a clean towel while resting.
Can you cook a turkey breast the day before and reheat?
Yes, you can cook a turkey breast the day before and reheat it for serving. To do this, let the cooked turkey breast cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
When ready to serve, simply reheat the turkey breast in the oven or microwave until heated through.
Can I make bacon wrapped turkey breast with this recipe?
Yes, you can use this recipe to make a delicious bacon turkey breast and even chicken breast! Simply follow the same instructions, but instead of using tenderloin, use full turkey breast (boneless turkey breast is easier to cook but bone in breast is more flavorful). Adjust the cooking time as needed since tenderloins are smaller and will cook faster than a full breast.
What do you serve with bacon turkey breast?
These garlic butter mashed potatoes and these roasted long peppers are our most favorite dishes to serve along side turkey breast but other sides are great options too; like these spiced herb roasted sweet potatoes, this stuffed butternut squash with feta or this Instant Pot corn casserole.
Can you freeze leftover bacon turkey breast?
Yes, you can freeze leftover bacon turkey breast for future meals. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag and label it with the date before placing it in the freezer.
When ready to use, simply thaw and reheat according to your preference. You can also use the leftover turkey breast in recipes like sandwiches, salads, or casseroles.
Recipe for Turkey breast wrapped in bacon
What do you need for bacon wrapped turkey tenderloin?
To make your delicious bacon wrapped turkey breast you’ll need just a handful of ingredients you most likely have in the pantry. Feel free to add whatever herbs and spices you love, this recipe is very versatile.
- Olive oil
- Herbs such as fresh thyme and parsley. Rosemary or sage are also good herbs to use if you like those.
- Turkey breast tenderloin
- salt and black pepper if the bacon is not seasoned
How to cook turkey breast wrapped in bacon?
The prep time for this recipe is 10 minutes and the cooking time is 1 hour. Here’s what you need to do to cook this delicious recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet or a roasting pan by wrapping with aluminum foil. Place a roasting rack on top of the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, garlic, thyme, and parsley. Brush half the mixture over the top and bottom of each turkey breast tenderloin.
- Weave the bacon strips over the top of each turkey breast. Brush the remaining honey mixture over the top of the bacon weave.
- Place the wrapped turkey breasts on the wire rack and roast for one hour (until the thermometer reads the internal temperature of 165 degrees).
- Turn on broiler and cook for three to five minutes to crisp the bacon, if needed.
- Allow the bacon turkey to rest for five to 10 minutes before slicing. You can serve it with cranberry sauce or gravy.
Cooking a bacon-wrapped turkey breast is an easy and delicious way to impress your family and friends. So why not give it a try for your next special occasion or even as a tasty weeknight meal? Your taste buds will thank you!
Don’t forget to save the leftovers for future meals and get creative with different side dishes to serve alongside this delicious dish. Happy cooking!
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe
Bacon wrapped turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3-4 pound turkey breast tenderloin
- 10-12 pieces of bacon
- baking sheet
- aluminium foil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by wrapping with aluminum foil. Place a wire roasting rack on top of the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, garlic, thyme, and parsley.
- Brush half the mixture over the top and bottom of each turkey breast tenderloin.
- Weave the bacon strips over the top of each turkey breast. Brush the remaining honey mixture over the top of the bacon.
- Place the wrapped turkey breasts on the roasting rack and bake for one hour (until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees). Turn on broiler and cook for three to five minutes to crisp the bacon, if needed.
- Allow the turkey to rest for five to 10 minutes before slicing.
Most Popular recipes:
- Spiced herb roasted sweet potato wedges
- French cream puffs
- Buttermilk fried chicken
- 6 Ingredients taco soup