Want more delicious recipes? Sign up for weekly newsletter!
Chicken breast with sour cream and mushrooms – a perfect “Welcome home” dish
If you’re following me on my Facebook page as well, then you must know I took a week vacation at the beach with my daughter Ellie. It was a successful attempt to fix our relationship that started to get a bit rusty. It slowly had us growing apart due to my busy schedule and it screamed for immediate action on my side.
Our time together was simply magnificent. With no distractions between us we had a great time together with plenty time at the beach, a mommy&daughter pedi, fun activities and lots and lots of kisses, hugs and the likes.
As amazing as the getaway has been there is no place like home and here we are, back home, enjoying…what else…my mom’s delicious food. She’s prepared a tasty dish for us that we haven’t had in a long time: chicken breast with sour cream and mushrooms.
Mom’ chicken breast with sour cream and mushrooms is truly a five star recipe! Nothing hard about it, with common ingredients and it tasted liked it took all day to prepare when in fact it takes up little to no time to make. It’ also a quick way to use leftover chicken if you’ve got any. The sour cream and garlic give it a pleasant richness and the sauce is very tasty, the entire dish comes together quickly and easily.
For a quick, easy meal this chicken breast with sour cream and mushrooms is excellent! Definitely a keeper if you love mushrooms, chicken and of course garlic!
Here’s the chicken breast with sour cream and mushrooms recipe.
- 1 chicken breast
- 200 gr mushrooms
- 400 gr sour cream
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- dill as preferred
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the chicken and cut into cubes.
- Wash and chop finely the onion, garlic and mushrooms
- Melt butter in skillet and cook the chicken in
- After 5 minutes, add the mushrooms and onions
- Cook for 10 minutes until the water from mushrooms evaporates
- Add 1 cup water
- Simmer over medium heat for a few minutes
- Mix the flour with a cup of cold water
- Add sour cream and pour over the chicken while cooking
- Boil until chicken is tender
- Stir in the garlic
- Boil and stir for a couple of minutes
- Taste and season to taste
- Stir in chopped dill
- Cover with lid and turn the flame off
- Replace dill with parsley if you don't like dill
- Serve while hot or warm, not cold. It can be a bit too heavy if served cold.
Thinking about starting your own blog? Learn how to create a blog in less than 15 minutes. I’ll hold your hand and teach you how to easily set up and launch a blog with WordPress and my affiliate, BlueHost, in a super easy step by step tutorial.