How to make a phone holder
Making the slot
- Place your phone over the toilet paper roll and trace around it to mark the whole where the phone will stand once the holder is done.
- Cut out the toilet paper roll.
Covering the tp roll
- Tape washi tape all around the roll. You’ll notice it will make a small hollow which is good as it will help you with the next step.
- Mark a dot about 1″ away from the middle of the edge of the hole. Do the same on the other side too.
- Then connect the dots.
- Connect each dot with the corners of the hole so you’ll form a V.
- Using a cutting tool or sharp, small scissors, cut along the line and one side of each V.
- Press the disconnected washi tape strip towards the inside and tape it to the toilet paper roll, on the inside.
- Follow the above 2 steps for the other side of the V’s.
- Now press each V towards the inside and tape them to the toilet paper roll.
- Finish off the edges of the toilet paper roll by taping some more washi tape around each edge, so that it tapes around the toilet paper roll half way only.
- Clip all around the other half then push it towards the inside and tape to the toilet paper roll.
- Now pin a couple of pushing pins on both sides of the roll, at both ends (just like some little feet). Make sure the distance between the pins at one end and the ones at the other end is wider than your phone; this way the phone won’t get scratched.
I used one type of washi tape on the sample stand for photo purposes only. The steps are clearer and easier to see this way. But I really like mixing up the washi tape rolls! So I made another homemade phone holder with a few different washi tape patterns.
Making this DIY phone stand is not as easy as if you would use wider washi tape. But it makes this DIY phone holder much more fun and interesting. At least that’s how I see it.
If you liked this tutorial I’d love to know it so please leave a comment below and don’t for get to rate it! Thanks!
Pin to save for later
More recycled crafts you might like: