These colorful goat cheese appetizer balls are the perfect hors d’oeuvre at any time of year! Sautéed shallots, feta cheese, chopped cranberries and dry roasted peanuts flavor this simple spread.
Goat Cheese Appetizer
If you want sweet and salty, crunchy and creamy all in one, this goat cheese appetizer is exactly what you’re looking for! It takes little to no time to make these and they are not only super tasty but appealing to the eye too, with that red color popping all over.
Why I’m so hooked to appetizer recipes lately? Because they make a great, healthy and nutritious snack too and I’m a snacks junkie! I don’t need a festive time to enjoy these goat cheese appetizer balls, I love nibbling on these when I’m craving something creamy or crunchy. The sweet and salty is a bonus I’ll take any time!
These are an easy fix for a last minute party as they’re insanely easy and super quick to make but taste as if you spent the whole day putting them together so your guests will be impressed!
Goat Cheese Appetizer recipe
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 280 gr = 10 oz fresh goat cheese
- 115 gr = 4 oz cream cheese
- 170 gr = 6 oz feta cheese
- 2 cups dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts, crushed
- 2 cups sesame seeds
- handful of fresh dill, chopped
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened. Let cool.
- Add shallots, goat cheese, cream cheese, and feta cheese in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Scrape the cheese mixture into a bowl, add fresh dill, 1 cup sesame seeds, 1 cup cranberries and 1 cup dry roasted peanuts.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Shape the cheese mixture into small balls then roll in a mixture of sesame seeds, cranberries and dry roasted peanuts to coat.
- Serve with crackers, flat bread or bread sticks.