Looking for a fun new appetizer for your party? Try these delicious slow cooker Asian meatballs! Cooked in a teriyaki, garlic, sriracha sauce, these Asian style meatballs are bursting with yummy flavors!
Slow cooker Asian meatballs
New Year’s Eve will be here soon! And whether you’re celebrating at home with your family or throwing a big party with all your friends, having a delicious party menu is essential. One of my favorite New Year’s Eve party foods are appetizers. They’re great for eating while mingling and make the perfect snack for party goers as the evening progresses. If you’re looking for an easy New Year’s Eve party appetizer, these simple slow cooker Asian meatballs are a great option.
More party appetizers you will love:
- Spicy bacon wrapped smokies
- Honey glazed bacon wrapped asparagus
- Fried cheesy pickle rolls
- Spicy fried cheese balls
- Healthy baked meatballs
How do you make crock pot Asian meatballs?
One of the things I love about these delicious Asian meatballs is how easy they are to make! All you need for these simple Asian meatballs appetizers is meatballs (duh), teriyaki sauce, garlic, and siracha sauce. Simply mix up the sweet and tangy Asian sauce, pour it over the meatballs, set the crock pot and forget it until its party time! And in spite of how easy this recipe is to make, your guests are sure to think you slaved over a hot stove to put this simple recipe together.
When to Serve Asian Meatballs
On top of being easy to make, these delicious slow cooker Asian meatballs are also very versatile! They’re a great option for your New Year’s Eve party, but there are so many other wonderful ways to enjoy this simple meatball recipe:
- Super Bowl Party. These simple meatballs are a great grab-and-go appetizer, making them perfect for game day. They’d be a great addition to your football party spread!
- Bridal or Baby Showers. While these meatballs are right at home at a sports party, they’re also classy enough to be served at a more formal get-together. If you’re looking for a great appetizer for your next shower, you’ll love these Asian meatballs.
- Weeknight Dinner. These Asian meatballs are great when they’re eaten on their own, but if you add them to some fried rice or Asian noodles, they also make a delicious meal. And since you can quickly cook them in your slow cooker, they make a great option for a weeknight dinner.
Asian Meatball Cooking Tips
This Asian meatball recipe really is simple to make, but these tips will make it even easier to put your New Year’s Eve appetizers together:
- Use frozen meatballs! To make this recipe super quick and easy, use frozen meatballs. But if you prefer to make your own, simply use your favorite meatball recipe and add the sauce to the top of the meatballs.
- Mix the sauce before adding to the slow cooker! Make sure you mix up the sauce completely before adding it to the slow cooker with the meatballs to ensure all the flavors are spread throughout the dish.
- Dress them up! Meatballs can be served in a big bowl with a spoon or fork for serving, but there are a few easy ways to dress up your appetizer. Stick some decorative toothpicks or nice wooden skewers into the top of the meatballs to make them easier to eat. Or serve the slow cooker Asian meatballs with mini appetizer forks so your guests can easily grab a bite as they mingle.
Makes 24 meatballs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Place meatballs in the pot of a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce, garlic, and sriracha sauce. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and stir to coat. Cook on low for four hours or high for two hours, stirring the meatballs halfway through the cook time. Garnish the meatballs with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley before serving if desired.
Print the recipe
Slow cooker Asian meatballs
- 1 32- ounce package frozen meatballs
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds optional
- Chopped parsley for garnish optional
- Place meatballs in the pot of a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce, garlic, and sriracha sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and stir to coat.
- Cook on low for four hours or high for two hours, stirring the meatballs halfway through the cook time.
- Garnish the meatballs with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley before serving if desired.