Entertaining soon but don’t have much time to spare on making fancy, time consuming appetizers? This spicy fried cheese balls recipe is so insanely easy to make and perfect for any party!
Deep Fried Cheese Balls
I may not entertain much or if I do, it’s usually mostly family. But that is not an excuse to skip serving great appetizers like these fried cheese balls! Especially since I LOVE appetizers! (which I also secretly use as snacks whenever I get the chance; soooo… I guess it’s not such a big secret anymore!)
Need more party appetizers?
- Garlic bread chips with hot cheese dip
- Yellow beans spread with garlic & mayo
- Healthy baked sweet potato fries
- Peas bacon feta salad
- Pesto & feta crostini
The idea of making these deep fried cheese balls came to me the other day when I (finally) decided to raid the fridge and look for leftovers and food that’s possibly gone bad or is close to that ugly stage (yuk!). Luckily nothing ended up in the trash can (I hate throwing food!) but I did noticed a piece of mozzarella cheese desperately screaming for attention. Which is weird because we’re such big cheese people! Not sure what happened there!
It’s got a bit of a crust on one side which I cleaned and then the chunk was back in perfect shape! But I was afraid the same thing will happen again so I decided to make a quick snack since it was that time of the day (it’s always that time of the day for me!). In the form of yummy spicy cheese balls!
If you’re throwing a party but don’t have much time to spare on making fancy, time consuming appetizers, this fried cheese balls recipe is a great alternative! And even if you’re not entertaining at all but craving a spicy, chewy, gooey, mouthwatering snack, I promise you, this amazing spicy fried cheese balls recipes is it! Go ahead, make it now! It only takes about 10 minutes!
Fried Cheese Balls
- 8 oz cheese of choice, grated (I used mozzarella)
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- one teaspoon chili pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
You will also need:
- Mix grated cheese with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of the cheese chili mix and form a ball.
- When all cheese balls are done, roll them through flour.
- Mix egg with water and beat well.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the remaining chili powder and garlic powder.
- Dip the cheese balls in egg, one at a time, then roll through flour again then back to egg dipping.
- Lastly roll through bread crumbs and nicely coat the whole ball.
- When all balls are coated as above, heat oil in a skillet.
- Cook the cheese balls until golden.
- Remove on a paper towel.
- Stick a toothpick so they’re easier to grab and serve.
- You can serve this spicy cheese balls recipe with Tzatziki sauce or yogurt.
Pin to save for later
GET MORE INSPIRATION HERE >> FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Similar posts you might like
More cheese party appetizers you might like:
- Penguin Poppers
- Ham and Cheese Pretzel Bites
- BLT Cheese Dip with Kale
- Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Smoked mozzarella fonduta
- Rosemary berry baked brie
- Spinach artichoke dip
- Holiday cheese wreath