Bored of your regular cereal and milk breakfast? Give this quick breakfast recipe idea a try for a dish similar to cheese grits but a whole lot yummier!
Quick breakfast recipe
Creamy and hearty polenta makes a great alternative to a lot of recipes like mashed potatoes or pasta. But have you ever thought of adding it to your breakfast? I love how filling this quick breakfast recipe is and makes a great alternative to cereal! You can even have this dish at dinner if you need something light but filling.
My daughter is a sucker for anything dairy, polenta and grits and this polenta sour cream and cheese combination is a huge hit in our house. She would have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! And it’s sort of her back up plan when she doesn’t find anything good enough to please her pickiness (is that even a word? lol) And she’s the queen of picky!
This quick breakfast recipe is super simple to make and it only takes about 10 minutes to put together for a warm, filling and nutritious breakfast that will keep you going for hours. The sour cream and goat cheese add a tang to the classic polenta recipe. It’s simple, easy, and out-of-this world delicious and the kids will love it!
Quick breakfast recipe with polenta, goat cheese & sour cream
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sour cream – as needed
- goat cheese, grated – as needed
- Put water oil and salt in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat on medium and gradually pour the cornmeal, constantly mixing with a whisk.
- Turn the heat on low and continue whisking for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into bowls (this should be good for 2-3 portions), add as much sour cream and grated cheese as you like and mix. I added about 3 tablespoons sour cream and half a cup grated cheese.
- Enjoy your quick breakfast recipe with polenta, sour cream and cheese!