Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
If you haven’t had your salad today just yet, then it’s time to make this healthy, delicious and filling baby spinach salad with roasted carrots, feta cheese and pistachios!
Baby spinach salad
I am so addicted to this delicious baby spinach salad! Eating salad every day is probably one of the most healthy eating habits you can adopt, not to mention one of the simplest. There’s no rocket science behind making a salad and the long term results are worth every effort (not that there’s much effort involved, really).
More salad recipes you might like:
- Peach salad with blue cheese
- Fried zucchini salad
- Spicy chicken & vegetable salad
- Roasted long sweet pepper salad
Eating salads like this simple spinach carrot salad is a convenient way to work in a couple of servings of vegetables and/or fruit. Most salads are also crunchy and fun to eat with lots of textures, colors, and flavors, even kids enjoy salads. Customize them to include your favorite veggies and/or fruit, add your favorite healthy sauce and spices and they’ll never get boring.
Try this baby spinach salad with roasted carrots for a casual dinner or a lunch on the go as it happens to be super delicious and filling! Made with tender baby spinach this nutritious salad includes other tasty veggies and herbs such as chives and dill, sweet, roasted carrots, chickpeas, pistachios. Feta cheese adds extra flavor to this amazing salad and makes it even more satisfying. As a dressing I’ve used a simple but dreamy honey lemon juice vinaigrette I never expected to taste so amazing!
Healthy spinach salad
What do you need to make low calorie spinach salad?
The main ingredients in this salad are baby spinach and carrots. But there is a handful of other healthy and delicious ingredients that when mixed together, make this salad very filling and nutritious:
- Chickpeas – I use canned as they’re easier to cook and use in this salad
- Feta cheese – crumbly is best for this recipe
- Spices and herbs: cumin seeds or powder, chives and dill. Salt and pepper are optional, to taste.
How do you make dressing for baby spinach salad?
This salad requires such a simple dressing that is super easy and quick to make as it uses just 3 simple ingredients:
- lemon juice
- olive oil
If you’re a garlic lover, feel free to add some smashed garlic to this vinaigrette.
How do you make carrot spinach salad?
- Cut carrots in halves then into smaller pieces (bite size long). Drain chickpeas and wash then drain again.
- Place carrots and chickpeas in a baking sheet, sprinkle cumin and drizzle or spray some olive oil, season and mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- In a bowl mix lemon juice, honey and oil.
- Mix baby spinach, chives and dill. Place the carrots and chickpeas mix over spinach mix. Pour the dressing.
- Sprinkle feta and drizzle some more olive oil if you still need it
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Baby spinach salad with roasted carrots
For the salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling/spraying (I recommend spraying)
- 18 oz carrots cut in half, then into pieces
- 14 oz canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp cumin seeds or powder; I used seeds
- handful fresh chive chopped
- 1/2 handful fresh dill chopped
- 3 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 4 oz pistachios lightly chopped
- 7 oz feta cheese crumbled
For the dressing
- lemon juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 395 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Clean carrots and cut in halves then into smaller pieces (bite size long)
- Drain chickpeas and wash then drain again
- Place carrots and chickpeas into the prepared baking sheet, sprinkle cumin and drizzle or spray some olive oil, season and mix well
- Bake for 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. Use the upper level of your oven. Leave to cool once done
- Mix lemon juice, honey and 2 tablespoons oil to make the dressing
- Mix baby spinach, chives and dill.
- Place the carrots and chickpeas mix over spinach, chives and dill mix.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix. Distribute into salad bowls.
- Sprinkle feta and drizzle some olive oil if you still need it