Zucchini in garlic vinegar sauce
If you’re looking for a simple, easy side dish, this zucchini in garlic vinegar sauce is probably the best choice. It really is as easy as 1,2,3 and it’s also super quick, 15 minutes from start to finish.
This used to be one of my mom’s signature side dishes and we were crazy about it, most likely because of the garlic addition. For some reason we kind of forgot how yum this recipe is and haven’t made it in ages.
My husband and I were looking for a side dish to complement an oven baked pork with potatoes dish and we wanted something light yet strongly flavored. And the zucchini in garlic vinegar sauce recipe came to mind!
I normally don’t like vinegar but it’s strong taste, mixed with garlic and a bit of olive oil makes a perfect match to the mentioned pork recipe. Plus I love it that it helps me feel full faster so I won’t have to worry about eating too much.
If you want to make this recipe super healthy, have your zucchini grilled instead of frying them. They’ll be slightly crunchier and will taste a little smoky.
Zucchini in garlic sauce
Get FREE access to my entire resource library!
Signup for updates on new articles, products & special offers and get access to my entire resource library!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Fried Zucchini with garlic vinegar sauce
- 1 large green zucchini
- 2 medium yellow zucchini
- 5 medium garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons grapes vinegar
- 8 tablespoons still water
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil for dressing
- olive oil to fry
- Wash zucchini thoroughly and remove ends
- Cut thin to medium slices
- Heat a pan for 2 minutes then add olive oil and heat for 2 more minutes
- Add zucchini slices and fry until golden
- Meanwhile peel and smash garlic and mix with vinegar, water and 2 teaspoons olive oil
- When done frying zucchini, mix with garlic vinegar sauce, in a large bowl
Add chili flakes to your sauce if you like spicy