If you’re looking for the perfect summer lunch or a light delicious supper try this creamy yet fruity and refreshing Peach and Blue Cheese Salad.
As you may have noticed, at summer time I’m very much into light meals and I’m constantly trying to incorporate as many veggies and fruit into my diet. I love salads and often times a salad makes a whole meal for me. If you put the right ingredients and the perfect amount of calories, a salad is an easy and quick way to have a delicious, healthy meal.
This peach and blue cheese salad has quickly become my favorite as it’s not only super tasty but very satisfying too, blue cheese has this special “talent”. And the flavors meld together just perfectly. Who knew peach and blue cheese make such a great pair? I, for one, had no idea, but I’m now totally hooked. The blue cheese dressing is the perfect tartness for the sweet peaches and not at all overpowering while the honey mustard sauce add just the right pinch of spiciness.
I also love the crunchiness firm peaches bring to this salad. And do I even have to mention the lovely colors?
Peach and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- 4 slices lean turkey ham
- 1 medium Butter lettuce
- 2 peaches, each cut in 6 wedges
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (firm cheese crumbs better)
- 3 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk mustard, honey and lime juice together
- Slowly incorporate the oil
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Wash salad, chives and peaches well
- Cut peaches into 6 wedges each
- Chop salad as preferred (I did half very thin and half roughly chopped)
- Roll the turkey ham and cut long slices
- Place salad, peaches and ham in a large bowl and mix well
- Drizzle the honey mustard sauce and mix well
- Add crumbed blue cheese and chopped chives
- You may use balsamic vinegar instead of lime juice but I found the vinegar blue cheese mixture is a bit too strong for my taste