This roasted pepper salad is as delicious as simple and quick to prepare! Makes a great side dish to a meat recipe.
Roasted sweet peppers salad
Peppers are a vegetable rich in vitamin C and enjoy lots of appreciation in our cuisine. We like it in any form, raw or cooked, in salads or pickled, as a side dish. Sometimes I even eat roasted sweet peppers salad as a main dish, together with cottage cheese and a slice of whole wheat bread when I feel like I need a light meal.
Roasted sweet pepper salad recipe
- 1 kilo = 2.2 lb long sweet red peppers
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 bunch dill chopped
- Clean the peppers, wash and drain them.
- Place in oven (or grill) and bake them in a tray over high heat until roasted on all sides. Flip peppers if needed.
- Remove from oven and sit the roasted peppers in a deep dish or bowl, cover and leave them for 10 minutes, then peel the skin off.
- Prepare a sauce of crushed garlic, salt, vinegar, oil and dill.
- Pour the sauce over peppers.
- Leave at room temperature for half an hour, covered with a lid.
- Long sweet peppers can be replaced with bell peppers.
- Decorate with sliced tomato slices if you host a party, to make the salad look more festive.
- Dill can be replaced with parsley (or both can be used)
- Serve warm or cold.
- Makes a great side dish to a meat recipe