DIY Yarn wall hanging
Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Do you love making your own home decor? You are going to go nuts for this retro (and pretty funny) DIY yarn wall hanging.
DIY Yarn Wall Hanging
This funny looking DIY yarn wall hanging will make a great accent piece in your home, particularly if you have a minimalist decor and big, white walls in your house.
Yarn is no longer good for weaving cozy, warm wardrobe pieces only, it’s perfect for making home decor too. And it’s probably one of the easiest to use supplies one could think of. Making this DIY yarn wall hanging is not only easy but fun and a cheap way to redecorate and a simple yet wonderful way to add color and cheer. And not to mention an amazing idea to work on with kids, they’ll have so much fun and you’ll be building such wonderful memories.
This DIY yarn wall hanging can be personalized to your liking and taste and I think it would look great in any room, be it a classic or a modern design. Chose the right color to suit your style and home decor and play with the shapes and you’re in for a splendid project you could easily pull together in roughly 15 minutes. All you need is a ring, some ribbon, yarn, a little glue and scissors.
Go crazy with various, striking colors and big, fluffy yarn or play it cool with neutral colors. No matter what you choose, you’re sure to enjoy making this foolproof DIY yarn wall hanging. I think mine has a bit of a funny side as I wanted it to look like a human face, with a fringe and a beard. I really, really wanted to add some googly eyes, a nose and a mouth to my walls but I chickened out. Shame on me for wasting my chance to be the fun person I’ve always dreamed about being!
DIY Yarn Wall Hanging
- metal ring (or make one from galvanized wire as I did)
- ribbon (optional; if you use wire you might be inclined to wrap a ribbon around the ring to make it prettier)
- yarn in color of choice
- hot glue gun – optional, only if you use ribbon
- hot glue sticks
- optional – pliers if you make the ring with wire.
- If you don’t have a ring, make one using 2 wires, twisted around each other. Tightly twist the ends together, pressing with your pliers.
- Wrap a ribbon around your ring if you want to make it prettier. Glue one end of the ribbon to your ring, then continue wrapping around the ring as tight as you can. Make a loop and a knot when you finish and this can be used for hanging later on.
- Measure the yarn to be slightly longer than the ring and make a group of 10-15 of this length.
- Fold the group and make a loop.
- Starting at the top of your ring, place the loop under the ring, upwards.
- Grab the ends together and bring them over the ring, then through the loop.
- Pull the ends while pushing the loop down with the opposite hand, to tighten the yarn against the ring.
- Continue to do this with the rest of your yarn and when you’re done, trim the yarn.
- Do the same process for the bottom of your ring, but for this area use thicker groups of yarn, about 15-20 in a group, depends on how thick your yarn is. Also make these longer.
- Hang on the wall and you’re done!
Hi, I’m Petro, author and founder of Easy Peasy Creative Ideas. Sewist, crafter, avid DIY-er, foodie, photographer, homemaker and mommy to one. I’m an expert at coming up with quick, clever sewing tips, recycling crafts and simple, easy recipes! You can find my ideas featured in reputable publications such as Country Living, Good House Keeping, Yahoo News, WikiHow, Shutterfly, Parade, Brit & Co and more. Thanks for stopping by and hope you’ll stay for a while, get to know me better and come back another time. Stick around for real fun projects! Read more…