Mass producing adorable pom poms has never been easier with this crazy easy DIY pom poms tutorial!Here you’ll learn how to make pom poms in bulk and use them in all your craft or sewing projects!
Making Pom Poms
I love pom poms and I know you love them too! You’ve got to, they’re so darn cute and make everything look so much brighter and adorable! In this simple and quick tutorial you’ll learn how to make pom poms in bulk so you make hundreds and hundreds of them in a fraction of the time you’d spend making just a few with other methods.
If you’ve been looking for an easy way to make pom poms this is the best method, I promise! Pom pom making usually takes a lot of time, especially if you need small ones that are thick and fluffy and you need loads of them! But with this tutorial for bulk pom poms you’ll be able to whip up a bunch of them in no time! All you need is a chair!! And of course yarn, duh! And scissors! Ok, that’s all!
Similar posts you might like:
- DIY fluffy pom pom
- Yarn wall hanging decor
- DIY scarf with yarn fringe
- Paper party pompoms
- How to make tiny pom poms
I have a really cute and practical home project in mind and it requires loads and loads of pompoms. But since I’m always short on time, I’ve been postponing this project for a while because I couldn’t figure out how to make pom poms in bulk. No more waiting now! With this simple DIY pom poms method I made a hundred of them in about half an hour (video shooting included so you might be able to make yours in about 20 minutes). Isn’t this awesome!
I made these in solid colors but you can blend the yarn and get pretty pompoms in all sorts of colors. I just thought it’s less confusing for this tutorial although shooting pink and light purple is not the easiest!
How to make Pom Poms
- yarn (I made 14 pom poms out of a bundle of yarn of 500 feet)
- Ikea chair! (just kidding; any chair will do; similar here)
[amazon-related-products keywords=”product suggestions keywords”]
- Turn the chair upside down aka legs up.
- Pick 2 legs then wrap yarn around those. Depending on how thick you want your pom pom you may need to use the whole bundle. The more yarn you use, the fluffier and thicker the pom pom.
- Pick 2 strands of yarn of about 10″ and fold each in half. Tie both ends of the yarn that you wrapped around chair legs then repeat the process to tie around the rest of the yarn, all along the strands. Decide how large you want your pom pom and tie as tightly as you can, twice. Each of these will be the center of your poms and will hold the strands together so you want them real tight.
- Cut in between each tie.
- Fluff the pompoms and trim a bit here and there if needed to make them round.
- If using in a craft or sewing project you may want to leave the strands used to tie the poms on so don’t trim those off.
- And that’s it! Your beautiful pompoms are done! Enjoy the fluffiness! Or let someone real cute steal them from you, hehe
Pin to save for later
Most Popular Craft: