Mass producing adorable pom poms has never been easier with this crazy easy diy pom poms tutorial! Learn how to make pom poms in bulk and use them in all your craft or sewing projects!
How To Make Pom Poms
I love pom poms and I know you love them too! You’ve got to, they’re so darn cute and make everything look so much brighter and adorable! Learn how to make your own diy pom poms in bulk so you make hundreds and hundreds of them to use in all your craft or sewing projects!
Pom pom making usually takes a lot of time, especially if you need small ones that are thick and fluffy and you need loads of them! But with this easy and pretty quick diy pom poms tutorial on bulk pom poms you’ll be able to whip up a bunch of them in no time! All you need is a chair!! And of course yarn, duh! And scissors! That’s all, I promise!
I have a really cute and practical home project in mind and it requires loads and loads of pom poms. But since I’m always short on time, I’ve been postponing this project for a while. No more waiting now! With this simple diy pom poms method I made a hundred pom poms in about half an hour (video shooting included so you might be able to make yours in about 20 minutes). Isn’t making pom poms awesome!
I made these in solid colors but you can blend the yarn and get pom poms in all sorts of colors. I just thought it’s less confusing for this tutorial.
DIY Pom Poms
- yarn (I made 14 pom poms out of a bundle of yarn of 500 feet)
- Ikea chair! (just kidding; any chair will do; similar here)
- Turn the chair upside down aka legs up.
- Pick 2 then wrap yarn around those legs. Depending on how thick you want your pom poms you may need to use the whole bundle. The more yarn you use, the fluffier and thicker the pom pom.
- Pick 2 strands of yarn of about 10″ and fold each in half. Tie both ends of the yarn that you wrapped around chair legs then repeat the process to tie around the rest of the yarn, all along the strands. Decide how large you want your pom poms and tie as tightly as you can, twice. Each of these will be the center of your pom poms and will hold the strands together so you want them real tight.
- Cut in between each tie.
- Fluff the pom poms and trim a bit here and there if needed to make the pom poms round.
- If using in a craft or sewing project you may want to leave the strands used to tie the pom poms on so don’t trim those off.
- And that’s it! Your beautiful pom poms are done! Enjoy the fluffiness! Or let someone real cute steal them from you, hehe
Pin to save for later
Similar posts you might like:
Most Popular Craft: