Celebrate your red, white and blue with these Fourth of July cooking ideas for delicious and quick Fried chicken, paired with intriguing Caramelized spicy green beans and Chimichurri sauce.
Family reunion potluck? Big game on the big screen? Fourth of July party? Bring on the chicken! We love fried chicken at our family gatherings! Always a picnic favorite, it’s an easy and satisfying meal and fried chicken is delicious hot or cold. Fried chicken is one of those foods that makes everyone hungry even when they’re not.
But the trouble is it may take some time to make, time we’re all lacking at special events. Did you know there are several options available at the Walmart deli to purchase fresh, fried chicken? You can purchase single pieces of chicken, buckets of chicken or even way up to bulk purchases!
The fried chicken at Walmart is flavorful, moist and has the perfect seasoning. It’s also inexpensive, fast, easy, and you have virtually no clean-up afterwards. With so many delicious options is now pretty easy to incorporate delicious fried chicken into family gatherings and special celebrations such as Fourth of July.
If you’re looking for Fourth of July cooking ideas, pair some fried chicken from Walmart with an irresistible side dish such as Caramelized Spicy green beans and a knock your socks off sauce as the Argentine Chimichurri. Meat should never be served without this sauce!
The best thing is I made all these in only 20 minutes. Walmart Deli helped making it easier with their fresh, Hot Fried Chicken! Be sure to check out your local Walmart deli for delicious fresh fried chicken. I’d love to hear what you’d use it for this summer!
Caramelized Spicy Green beans recipe
Get FREE access to my entire resource library!
Signup for updates on new articles, products & special offers and get access to my entire resource library!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Caramelized Spicy Green beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 1 minute
- Drain well, pressing between paper towels
- Stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, and dried crushed red pepper
- Sauté bell pepper, onion, and green beans in olive oil in a large skillet over high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until beans look blistered
- Sprinkle with salt
- Remove from heat; add soy sauce mixture to green bean mixture, and stir to coat
Argentine Chimichurri sauce recipe
Argentine Chimichurri sauce
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 4 medium garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano or 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place parsley, garlic, oregano, vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a food processor Process until finely chopped, about 1 minute total.
- Add oil in a steady stream
- Transfer sauce to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 1 day to allow the flavors to meld
- Before serving, stir and season as needed
- The chimichurri will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.