In the mood for a cookie? Use only real food ingredients to make a batch of healthy cookies with this banana coconut cookies recipe. Simple and easily customized!
Banana Coconut Cookies
I’m a big cookie lover as you probably noticed and I have ton of options to choose from. But this time I wanted something simple, super easy to make and as healthy as possible. And what could be healthier than these 2 simple ingredients mixed in a banana coconut cookies recipe?
These cookies can be easily customized by adding your ingredients of choice (like nuts, raisins, seeds, chocolate chips etc). These banana coconut cookies are crunchy and tasty and the best part is, they’re gluten free too! And they only take about 30 minutes to make, from start to finish, making them the perfect snack idea for busy families. Great as treats for kids too and I also think they’d be a awesome as breakfast, next to a glass of milk.
I couldn’t resist adding some almonds and drizzling some chocolate over mine though so that’s why the title of this post. Add whatever you fancy but make sure you only add a little or the cookies won’t hold together.
Banana Coconut Cookies Recipe
- 3 bananas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- optional: white chocolate and slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 F = 180 C.
- Grease a cookie sheet and line with baking paper then set aside.
- Place banana and coconut in a food processor and pulse until very well combined.
- Shape into discs (I used a cookie cutter), then set on the cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- If you decided to add chocolate and almonds as I did, melt the chocolate and drizzle a little over the cookies; add slivered almonds and drizzle some more chocolate.
- And your banana coconut cookies are done! Enjoy!
Coconut macaroons cupcakes
Vegan banana blondie with caramel
Cinnamon sugar cookies