This natural homemade spider repellent can be used for home & garden, it won’t harm your family or pets and has a very pleasant smell.
Homemade spider repellent
Homemade Spider Repellent
We’ve moved into a new house just a few months ago and while it’s been a wonderful experience the amount of work and the challenges involved proved to be way bigger than what we expected when we embarked on this journey.
It took us years to get this project moving and when we finally started to see our dream come true we’ve stumbled upon a few throwbacks. We never thought about having to make our own homemade spider repellent. We’ve heard people talking about bugs and mice and rats but never about spiders.
And I truly, deeply hate spiders! (although some of them are so incredibly small and cute, I might change my mind about them one of these days). So here I am now, armed with a bottle of this homemade spider repellent, frantically spraying the windows and doors, almost every day, in what it seems a successful attempt to keep these little, wild creatures away from our human, domestic world.
This homemade spider repellent is quite nice, really and extremely quick and easy to do. I love to use peppermint oil or lemon juice, sometimes both, but I wouldn’t say no to cinnamon oil either. The homemade spider repellent can be used in your home and garden. Its natural ingredients won’t harm your family or your pets and although it has to be applied more often than pesticides, it’s way safer and has a very pleasant smell.
Homemade spider repellent recipe
Homemade Natural Spider Repellent
- 10 drops essential oil of choice peppermint, citrus, tea tree, lavender, cinnamon
- 5 drops dish washing liquid
- 1 l = 1 qt water
- Pour all ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well
- Spray the areas inside your home where you've seen spiders, along baseboards and in the corners where the wall meets the ceiling
- Spray doorways and on your windowsills
- Wipe your countertops with the blend. You can also wipe down the insides of drawers and cabinets with this mixture.
- Reapply 2-3 times a week until you're certain you've removed all the spiders already in the house then once a week is enough