This natural homemade spider repellent can be used for both your home & your garden. Safe and natural, this spider repellent DIY won’t harm your family or pets and has a very pleasant smell.
Natural spider repellent
When we moved into our new house we were forced to reconsider our love for nature and try to adjust to the new realities. It’s been a wonderful experience, in spite of the huge amount of work and the challenges involved that proved to be way bigger than what we expected when we embarked on this journey. One of those was dealing with a large numbers of spiders which forced us to find natural ways to get rid of them. And that’s how this spider repellent DIY was created.
Similar posts you might like:
- Homemade cat repellent
- Natural flea killer for dogs
- Natural fruit fly repellent ideas
- DIY aphid repellent
- Homemade bug spray
It took us years to get the house project moving and when we finally started to see our dream come true we’ve stumbled upon a few throwbacks. We never thought about having to make our own homemade spider repellent! We’ve heard people talking about bugs and mice and rats but never about spiders and definitely not in a new house.
And I truly, deeply hate spiders! (although some of them are so incredibly small and cute, I might change my mind about them one of these days; just kidding arachnophobia is a big issue around this household). So here I am now, armed with a bottle of this home made spider spray, frantically spraying the windows and doors, almost every day, in what it seems a successful attempt to keep these little, wild creatures away from our human, domestic world.
This spider repellent DIY is quite nice, really and extremely quick and easy to do! I love to use peppermint oil or lemon juice in my spider repellent, sometimes both, but I wouldn’t say no to cinnamon oil either. This spider repellent spray can be used in your home and garden. Its natural ingredients won’t harm your family or your pets and although it has to be applied more often than pesticides, it’s way safer and has a very pleasant smell.
Get FREE access to my entire resource library!
Signup for updates on new articles, products & special offers and get access to my entire resource library!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Spider repellent DIY
- 10 drops essential oil of choice peppermint, citrus, tea tree, lavender, cinnamon
- 5 drops dish washing liquid
- 1 qt water
- Pour all ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well
- Spray the areas inside your home where you’ve seen spiders. Spray along baseboards and in the corners where the wall meets the ceiling
- Don’t forget to spray doorways and on your windowsills
- Wipe your countertops with the blend. You can also wipe down the insides of drawers and cabinets with this mixture.
- Reapply 2-3 times a week until you’re certain you’ve removed all the spiders already in the house. After this once a week should suffice.
Notes: Instead of essential oils you may use half a cup of fresh lemon juice. The mixture won’t last as long though as the lemon juice will ferment.