Pizza Star Recipe
This fun and creative pizza star recipe is a gorgeous twist on your classic pizza, whichever that choice might be. Italian food makes everyone happy, just like this recipe which is insanely easy to make, much easier than you’d think and so versatile! A recipe that pizza lovers will be crazy about and perfect for all picky eaters, since it looks so pretty and fun with that flowery/star shape.
Just like your favorite pizza, you could play with the ingredients as much as you like and fill this braided pizza bread with anything you want or you could just keep it simple as I did. No matter your choice, this pizza star recipe is gonna impress everyone at your table; they’ll think you spent hours and hours making this beautiful pizza when you actually needed less than half an hour to put this gorgeous and tasty baby together and bake.
Since it’s easy to tear and share, this delicious pizza star recipe could be served as an appetizer too, at parties, barbecues and potlucks, simple or with a cheesy dip or a marinara sauce. It could also make a super quick, nice dinner on weeknights. Because, who doesn’t love pizza?
I made this recipe very simple since my daughter loves Margherita pizza so I only used cheese and our favorite sauce, RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce since Ragu has been a big part of our family traditions. They’ve been around for 80 years so I thought what better way to celebrate than a stunning pizza star recipe made with one of their delicious sauces.
Learn more about RAGÚ® Homestyle Sauces!
Pizza Star Recipe
- 3 sheets of crescent dough or pizza crust
- approx 1/2 a jar RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 14 oz = 400 gr or approx 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 small egg, beaten
You will also need:
- rolling pin
- round cake pan (I used a 10″ = 26 cm one)
- sharp knife
- small cup
- baking sheet or pizza pan
- silicone brush
- Pre heat the oven at 395 F = 200 C
- Lightly roll dough #1 with a rolling pin and make it large enough to fit your cake pan.
- Cut around your cake pan with a sharp knife and remove excess dough (you don’t have to through this dough away, just knead again and use it to make mini pizzas).
- Spread the RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce generously all over the dough.
- Sprinkle half the cheese.
- Roll dough #2, add it on top of the dough #1 and repeat the steps.
- Roll dough #3 and add it on top, without adding any other topping.
- Lightly roll the whole pizza again then place the cake pan over and cut the excess dough (you may want to throw this part away as it can get messy in the oven when baked).
- Place a small cup right in the middle of the pizza and start cutting the dough in four, at 3, 6, 9 and 12 o’clock. Then cut each of these pieces in half and again each of those pieces in half. You should get a total of 16 pieces.
- Twist every other piece to the right, twice then twist the remaining pieces to the left, twice.
- Pinch the ends of each piece together to seal closed.
- Brush egg all over the pizza to get that pretty, golden look once baked.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until happy with the golden color.
- Tear and share. Best served warm.
- Enjoy your yummylicious pizza star recipe!
Discover more delicious recipes for family here.