I don’t make pizza very often and this was my first time making some using a thin crust but I got hooked on how easy it is to just throw a warm, delicious meal in no time. And I wanted to make another pizza with some of my most favorite ingredients therefore I give you hummus pizza using my thin crust recipe.
I think all ingredients are pretty awesome and healthy and I love it that this pizza keeps me full for so long without me needing to, well…stuff my face with lots of slices. As a garlic junkie I of course love the garlic addition and the hummus/feta/garlic combination is the best you could get!
Add some arugula, cumin or caraway and some chopped dill and you’re in for a super tasty, super special recipe. The photos don’t do any justice though, sorry about that, I just seem to suck big time at photography skills.
Hummus Pizza recipe
Hummus pizza with feta cheese and arugula
- 400 g = 14 oz canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon cumin or caraway seeds
- Thin pizza crust
- 100 g = 4 oz feta cheese crushed
- 1 handful of chopped dill
- 50 g = 2 oz arugula
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 spoons tomato paste
- Use a food processor to make a paste out of chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic.
- Add cumin or caraway seeds
- Season to taste and add a little water to get a spreadable consistency (if needed).
- Preheat oven at 200 C = 395 F
- Spread the humus on pizza crust.
- Sprinkle feta cheese, dill, arugula and onions.
- Bake for 15 min
- Mix tomato paste with 6 tablespoons water.
- Remove pizza from oven and spread tomato paste
- Sprinkle some more feta cheese
- Bake for 5 more minute