Pizza night couldn’t get any easier with this delicious mini bread pizza idea! These yummy bites are super quick to make and no oven is required!
Mini Bread Pizza
My daughter and I enjoy a little pizza night every once in a while, it’s another awesome way for us to bond and spend quality time together. But since a normal size pizza is pretty big for the two of us, we decided to make a mini bread pizza version which turned to be the perfect idea!
This mini bread pizza recipe is not only super easy and super quick to make but kid friendly too since it requires no oven, it takes literally no skill to make and it’s a little healthier than the regular pizza. These are very easy to customize, just use the ingredients you like best.
Our mini bread pizza bites are made with burger buns, topped with tomato paste, hot dogs, previously boiled in water then slightly grilled, roasted peppers and covered in lots of melty, mouthwatering mozzarella cheese. We didn’t bake our pizzas in the oven but instead we used our sandwich maker to toast the buns first then transferred the pizzas in the microwave to melt the cheese.
This mini bread pizza tastes just like a usual pizza but takes a lot less time to make. These delicious pizzas could make a great lunch or dinner idea, a yummy treat for your family or even an appetizer for last minute guests.
Mini Bread Pizza Recipe
Ingredients for 6 mini pizzas:
- 3 buns, each cut in 2 halves
- about 6 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup hot dogs
- boiling water
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional – garlic powder
- optional – parsley to garnish
You will also need:
- sandwich maker or panini press
- wood spatula
- cheese grater
- microwave resistant plate
- Begin by bringing water to a boil and cooking the hot dogs for about 5 minutes.
- Using a sandwich maker, toast the buns to your taste (I toasted mine for about 3 minutes as I wanted the buns slightly brown, just a little crisp on the outside but soft on the inside)
- Meanwhile roast the peppers in a skillet with olive oil. Roast for about 2 minutes then remove to a plate.
- Slice the hot dogs and slightly roast for about 2 minutes, using the same skillet as above.
- Spread tomato paste to the buns, add salt and pepper to taste (and garlic powder – optional), add roasted peppers and hot dogs and grated mozzarella.
- Transfer the pizzas to a microwave resistant plate. Bake the pizzas until the cheese is melted (timing depends on your microwave settings; I baked mine for 20 seconds)
- Garnish with parsley (optional) and serve. These taste better warm but can be served cold too.
- Enjoy your mini bread pizza bites!