Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Are you looking for a printable list of persons to be thankful for? Here are some printable Thanksgiving cards that can help kick off your Thanksgiving festivities! Print out these cards and write down all the people that you are thankful for and the things that make them special!
Printable Thanksgiving cards
Happy Thanksgiving! One of my favorite things about this holiday is the opportunity to spend time with friends and family. These printable Thanksgiving cards are a list of persons and the things to be thankful for. When you are feeling down or in need, take the time and spend it with these people! They will make your heart happy again! Who do you have to thank today? I’m thankful for my family, friends, and community. I hope you are too!
We’re all so busy, that we sometimes forget the most important people in our lives. Whether it’s a spouse, family member or friend… take a moment to think about who you are thankful for and give them a call. It will make their day! And yours too.
Before you eat your turkey, I created a printable list of persons I am thankful for in order to share some love on the last day before Thanksgiving. This is a great activity for kids too! They can write down all their loved ones on these thankful cards and hang them up on the fridge or bulletin board.
More Thanksgiving ideas:
- Printable Thanksgiving dinner planner
- Printable Happy Thanksgiving banner
- Give thanks banner printable
- Thanksgiving invitations
Benefits of these Thanksgiving cards
- These printable Thanksgiving cards are a great tool to teach gratitude and loving-kindness.
- They help emphasize the importance of giving thanks to all those who have made our lives more wonderful.
- When you need reminders, this persons I am thankful for printable is helpful because it will always be there on your fridge or bulletin board
- It is also a great way to keep track of your persons you are thankful for.
I have found that this printable makes me feel better when my life starts getting chaotic because it reminds me that there are people who truly care about what happens to me.
Why it is important to give thanks
Thankfulness is a personal choice. Life has its ups and downs, but the key to being happy is finding joy in those moments that are worth celebrating. I believe we must all learn to show gratitude for what life offers us; it’s one of the most powerful things you can do for yourself!
As you go about your day, keep this in mind: there is always something to be grateful for. It can seem so easy when we hear the stories of people who have it all and are able to give back with generosity. But that doesn’t mean they don’t struggle or experience pain. All they do differently is show gratitude.
What do these printable Thanksgiving cards contain?
These Thanksgiving gratitude cards contain 12 people in total, which are all perfect examples of how wonderful life really is. In order to make this list easier to read, I have divided it into sections:
- First section: The person you are thankful for
- Second section: The reason you are thankful for them.
- Third section: What your prayer for this person is.
How to create a list of persons you are thankful for
It’s always good to remember and express gratitude. One way of doing this is by making a list of people we are thankful for, or who have been especially kind and helpful in some way. There are many ways you can do this:
- Handwrite the names on cards which you can then decorate and put in a jar.
- Or use the persons’ names to make up a poem
- Or just think about who they are and what you appreciate about them.
Write a list of everything you are thankful for about them. Include things that may not be on the surface, like memories with friends and family or your favorite TV show from childhood.
Embrace what makes them unique. Don’t just write down all the obvious reasons why life is good; think more deeply about all of the small nuances in your life.
Keep your list in a handy place like on the fridge or computer desktop to remind you of all that is really important.
Think about what things mean to you and try not to include superficial items like “I am thankful for my parent/friends.” Be genuine with your feelings so others can learn from them too!
Examples of people to be thankful for
- Parents. The people who raised you and maybe continue to do so. They sacrificed time with their own friends, families and lives, all for the sake of your wellbeing. The best thing you can ever give back is gratitude!
- Teachers. The person who sacrificed an entire year or more of their life just to make sure you had the best possible chance to succeed. These people are more than just teachers, they’re mentors, coaches and playmates all in one.
- People who help others. From volunteering at an orphanage or animal shelter to donating their time with a local soup kitchen these people give back so much, it’s hard not to be thankful for them.
- Yourself! Self-care is of utmost importance and there’s no better time to practice than now when you’re feeling thankful for the things in your life. Take a bath with something that makes you feel calm or take some time out to read a book by one of your favorite authors – whatever it takes to recharge.
Personally, I am always grateful when someone helps others because they are giving up their time in order to make others like me feel better about the world. After all, it is not easy being a human and this goes for everyone.
Ways to show gratitude
Empathy is a powerful way to show gratitude. In the same way that you want to be listened to, it’s important for your loved ones and friends to have someone who understands their needs too. If they are going through difficult times or dealing with emotional issues, offer them support and listen without judgment when they speak about what they’re struggling with. Be there for them and be their support system when they need it most.
One way to show empathy is by just being present in a situation with the person you care about. If someone has experienced something traumatic, such as losing a loved one or experiencing abuse, give them your undivided attention so that they feel seen and validated.
Additionally, being present with someone you care about is a great way to show them that they are your priority. When we devote time and attention to our loved ones, it helps in reaffirming the relationship as well as giving us both something good from the experience of spending quality time together.
The best thing you can do for those around you is to understand where they are coming from and be there for them when they need someone.
I hope that you have enjoyed this article and the printable Thanksgiving cards! It is an easy way to show people how much they are loved and appreciated.
How do you feel when someone goes out of their way to make sure you know that? Let me know in the comments below!
If you liked my printable Thanksgiving cards they’re available for grabs