Looking for a gift idea? These gorgeous swirly paper flowers are really easy and fun to make! Truly unique and so impressive!
Hyacinth Paper Flowers
Do you ever miss the flowers in cold season? I do! I love flowers and plants, I think I have over fifty in my house right now. But they’re all leaves only, no flowers and I truly miss that wonderful, happy vibe that bright colored flowers give to my house. And that’s why I decided to brighten it up with a bunch of swirly paper flowers!
These adorable curly paper flowers are called hyacinth. And real hyacinth smell absolutely amazing! While these swirly paper flowers are just a replica and won’t obviously smell at all, they still do a pretty awesome job at making a house feel like a home, cheerful, friendly and warm.
These paper hyacinth flowers also make a fabulous gift idea this season, especially for someone who’s a big flower fan! They’re also perfect for parties, baby showers, or even weddings. And they’re so insanely easy to make even though they might look a bit complicated on the first look. You don’t need special skills or tools to make these swirly paper flowers! Just your bare hands, paper, a glue gun and a glue stick.
When making these paper hyacinth flowers, the hardest part for me was curling the flowers. But this only happened to the first few curls, as soon as I got the hang of it it was all going at the speed of light. And I think my swirly paper flowers look so pretty and real, they’re totally worth the effort!
The size of your flowers will depend on the size of the paper you use. I opted for regular A4 paper size and my paper hyacinth are pretty close in size to the real flowers.
Get FREE access to my entire resource library!
Signup for updates on new articles, products & special offers and get access to my entire resource library!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Swirly Paper Flowers
Materials for one flower:
- 1 sheet A4 size paper in color of choice
- 2 sheets A4 green paper
- glue stick
- glue gun
- hot glue stick
Christmas Stamp & Paper Kit
Fresh Techniques for Artful Layouts
Inventive Ink Colorful Mixed Media Effects
Bold & Beautiful: Wafer-Paper Flowers (w/Stevi Auble)
Paper Embellishments Kit + FREE Video Lessons
eGuide: 6+ Stash-Busting Paper Craft Projects
- First make the stem. Start at one corner of the green paper and roll tight towards the other corner. Apply glue stick to the opposite end and glue together.
- For the flower: take the other colored paper and fold in half, lengthwise then cut in half. Cut fringes out of each half, leaving about 1/2″ untouched, along one edge of the paper. Using your fingers, curl up each piece of fringe, one by one. Make the rolls as tight as possible but don’t press to flatten.
- Grab the stem and apply a dab of hot glue to the top end. Glue one strip of curls with the rolls up, at a slight angle. Continue to roll the curls around the stem, gluing it with hot glue occasionally. Repeat steps with second strip of curls.
- Grab the second piece of green paper and fold then cut into 4. Grab one piece of paper and fold it like an accordion. Cut lengthwise into a “V” on both sides. Unfold the accordion then fold the leaves around the bottom of the flower, gluing it occasionally to the stem.