Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- half a medium onion, diced
- 4 large mushrooms, diced
- 2 sweet long red peppers, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (you can use fresh tomatoes if you have)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 medium garlic bulb, smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil (if you don’t have you cab use dry; I had some stored in the freezer)
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated cheese as desired
- 250 g = 8 oz uncooked spaghetti
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook onions and carrots 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Stir in mushrooms, zucchini and bell peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly tender.
SEE MY MOST RECENT VIDEOS HERE
- Move vegetables into a medium large pot.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- When done, turn heat off and add oregano and basil and stir gently.
- Meanwhile cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Most Popular Recipes
Pages: 1 2