Baby spinach salad with roasted carrots
If you haven’t had your salad today just yet, then it’s time to make this baby spinach salad with roasted carrots, feta cheese and pistachios!
Eating salad every day is probably one of the most healthy eating habits you can adopt, not to mention one of the simplest. There’s no rocket science behind making a salad and the long term results are worth every effort (not that there’s much effort involved, really).
Eating salads is a convenient way to work in a couple of servings of vegetables and/or fruit. Most salads are also crunchy and fun to eat with lots of textures, colors, and flavors, even kids enjoy salads. Customize them to include your favorite veggies and/or fruit, add your favorite healthy sauce and spices and they’ll never get boring.
Try this baby spinach salad with roasted carrots for a casual dinner or a quick lunch as it happens to be super delicious. Made with tender baby spinach, chives and dill and topped with sweet, roasted carrots, chickpeas, pistachios and feta cheese. As a dressing I’ve used a dreamy honey lemon juice vinaigrette I never expected to taste so amazing.
Baby spinach salad with roasted carrots recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling/spraying (I recommend spraying)
- 500 g = 18 oz carrots, cut in half, then into pieces
- 400 g = 14 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons cumin (seeds or powder; I used seeds)
- lemon juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Handful chopped chive
- 1/2 handful chopped dill
- Three handfuls baby spinach
- 100 g = 4 oz pistachios, lightly chopped
- 200 g = 7 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200 C = 395 F
- Clean carrots and cut in halves then into smaller pieces (bite size long)
- Drain chickpeas and wash then drain again
- Line a baking tray/sheet with parchment paper
- Place carrots, chickpeas, sprinkle cumin and drizzle or spray some olive oil, season and mix well
- Bake for 30 minutes, until carrots are tender. Use the upper level of your oven
- Leave to cool once done
- Mix lemon juice, honey and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Mix baby spinach, chives and dill
- Place the carrots and chickpeas mix over spinach, chives and dill mix
- Pour the dressing
- Sprinkle feta and drizzle some olive oil if you still need it
- Serve this salad as a main or side dish