Almond Apricot Energy Balls
I love snack time! It’s my most favorite time a day and that’s probably why most days I end up snacking about 3-4 times a day. Snacks, almond apricot energy balls in particular, provide me with great energy levels, satisfy my sweet tooth in a healthy way and help boosting my metabolism, leading to better and easier weight management.
These almond apricot energy balls are so incredibly easy to make, with ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry and forgot about (or is that just me?). All it takes is some almond grinding, some apricots chopping, mixing all ingredients together by hand and then forming medium size balls. I got 30 balls using the quantities below.
I don’t snack on a lot of these raw treats, just a couple of these almond apricot energy balls keep me happy. They are a healthy, delicious snack that can be served any time a day when you feel your energy level is dropping, doubling as a pretty low calorie dessert when you need to satisfy a sweet tooth.
They’re also pretty versatile as you can decorate them with coconut flakes, cinnamon powder, cocoa or chocolate powder. I love it how well they pair with a cup of hot, unsweetened linden tea but you could always replace that with a cup of milk, buttermilk or even coffee. I sometimes accompany a couple of these delicious, crunchy almond apricot energy balls with a small apple or pear.
Almond Apricot Energy Balls recipe
- 200 g = 7 oz dried apricots
- 150 g = 5 oz raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoons honey
- Coconut flakes for rolling the energy balls
- Grind almonds
- Separately chop apricots and then put in a food processor (if you manage to chop them into very small pieces no need to add to food processor)
- Mix all ingredients together and form balls with your hands
- Roll the balls through coconut flakes (or cinnamon, cocoa, chocolate powder, your call)