Need a tasty appetizer to wow your guests? Make these gooey, crisp and golden fried pickle rolls with cheese for a delicious, fun dish!
Fried Pickle Rolls
Easter is approaching fast and you’re probably working on your menu already, especially if you’re entertaining. You want everything to be delicious and look great and you most certainly don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, right? Then these tasty and easy fried pickle rolls are just what you need!
These are so yum and look pretty festive with all that golden crust and sesame seeds sprinkled on top but they only take a few minutes to make! Perfect for a last minute appetizer, a quick snack or a fun side dish! These fried pickle rolls are full of cheesy goodness, crisp on the outside and deliciously flavored with dry thyme, the ultimate party-in-your-mouth appetizer!
These fried pickle rolls are pretty versatile, you could add whatever herbs you like or throw in some chili powder if you like spicy food. And if you really can’t go without meat, add in some ham or bacon for the most lip-smacking dish ever!
Fried Pickle Rolls Recipe
- small dill pickles
- mozzarella cheese
- crescent dough (or pizza dough)
- pinch of dry thyme
- bread crumbs
- sesame seeds
- vegetable oil for frying
You will also need:
- Cut mozzarella into strips to match your dills
- Roll out crescent dough until very thin then cut into strips, slightly wider than the dills and mozzarella strips.
- Place 1 dill on top of 1 mozzarella strip and roll into dough about 2 times. Cut the dough, press the edges and trim dough.
- Repeat for all mozzarella strips and dills.
- In a small bowl, beat one egg with a pinch of dry thyme (you may need more but start with one first and add more as needed).
- Fill a shallow plate or bowl with bread crumbs.
- Dip each roll into egg then dredge through bread crumbs. Repeat.
- Place rolls on a large plate then brush with remaining egg and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry rolls on both sides, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place on kitchen towels to remove excess oil.
- Best served warm.