Need a tasty appetizer to wow your guests? Make these gooey, crisp and golden fried dill pickles with cheese for a delicious, fun dish!
If you’re anything like me, when throwing a party you probably work on your menu a couple months in advance. You want everything to be delicious and look great but you most certainly don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, right? Then these tasty and easy fried dill pickles are just what you need!
More crescent recipes:
This deep fried pickles recipe makes such yummy fried dill pickles with gooey mozzarella! These easy fried pickles also look pretty festive with all that golden crust and the sesame seeds sprinkled on top but they only take a few minutes to make! Perfect as a last minute appetizer, a quick snack or a fun side dish!
These fried cheesy pickles are full of cheesy goodness, crisp on the outside and deliciously flavored with dry thyme for the ultimate party-in-your-mouth appetizer!
My fried dill pickles are pretty versatile too as you could add whatever herbs you like, swap mozzarella for cheddar or provolone, throw in some chili powder or flakes if you like spicy food etc And if you really can’t go without meat in your deep fried pickles recipe, add some ham or bacon for the most lip-smacking recipe ever!
Fried Dill Pickles
- small dill pickles
- mozzarella cheese
- crescent dough (or pizza dough)
- pinch of dry thyme
- bread crumbs
- sesame seeds
- vegetable oil for frying
You will also need:
- Cut mozzarella into strips to match your dills
- Roll out crescent dough until very thin then cut into strips, slightly wider than the dills and mozzarella strips.
- Place 1 dill on top of 1 mozzarella strip and roll into dough about 2 times. Cut the dough, press the edges and trim dough.
- Repeat for all mozzarella strips and dills.
- In a small bowl, beat one egg with a pinch of dry thyme (you may need more but start with one first and add more as needed).
- Fill a shallow plate or bowl with bread crumbs.
- Dip each roll into egg then dredge through bread crumbs. Repeat.
- Place rolls on a large plate then brush with remaining egg and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry rolls on both sides, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place on kitchen towels to remove excess oil.
- Best served warm.