Need a natural remedy for that terrible cough you’ve been fighting for ages? This homeopathic cough syrup uses only healthy and safe ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
Homemade cough syrup
Do you happen to have a nagging cough? Before you run outside for an over the counter cough suppressant, try this simple and easy homeopathic cough syrup made with only two natural ingredients: black radish and honey. This natural cure for cough is a great home remedy for both dry and wet cough! It will thin out mucus, making it easier to cough up while soothing a raw throat.
The black radish is an anti-congestive and rich in vitamins, which further protects the respiratory system from infections, also relieving inflammation. Honey is a great disinfectant and anti bacterial and reduce cough and throat irritation. And this home remedy cough suppressant is a wonderful remedy for both adults and kids.
Need more natural product ideas?
I’ve been using this homeopathic cough syrup for Ellie ever since she turned 3 years old with great success. Many of the over the counter remedies were not as efficient as this simple syrup and it took days before we could see any results. This is not the case with this natural treatment for cough; visible results were noticed after the first couple doses. Her cough was completely cured within days! Not bad for a cheap, easy to make, natural cough syrup! And Ellie loves it! In spite of the strong radish smell, it tastes sooo good!
Note: People with diabetes and children under 3 years old should use this with care. Honey can be an allergy trigger.
Homeopathic cough syrup
- Wash the radish well and dry it. If the bottom is rounded, cut it so that it can stand straight, or put it in a glass.
- Cut the upper part and then make a hole in the radish.
- Fill with honey and let sit over night.
- In the morning there will be syrup formed.
- Another method is to peel the radish and cut it into small cubes, put the cubes in a jar or bowl and cover with honey. Then strain the syrup and pour into a bottle.
- Store in a dark bottle, in a dry, dark place, for up to 2 weeks.
- Use 4-5 tablespoons a day for adults, and 4-5 teaspoons a day for children, 30 minutes before meals.
So what do you think? Will you give this homeopathic cough syrup a try? Let me know in the comments below and if you get to make it, I’d love to know your personal results so be sure to come back and leave a note! And don’t forget to rate this recipe!
Pin to save for later