This homemade coconut oil toothpaste recipe is simple and fun to prepare and also much safer and healthier for your teeth.
Homemade Toothpaste With Coconut Oil
We are all aware that most commercial toothpastes contain a lot of toxic ingredients. Of course, there’s natural toothpaste in stores, whose 100% natural composition is quite appealing. But why pay for something you can make yourself for the fraction of the cost?
This coconut oil toothpaste recipe is simple and fun to make, and also much safer and healthier for your teeth. Remember to use a soft brush that will allow a pleasant massage on your gums. This homemade toothpaste recipe will not foam because it doesn’t contain sodium sulfate so if you like that feature so much, coconut oil toothpaste is not for you.
This natural coconut oil toothpaste recipe is also quite tasty, so there will be no problem for your children to use it as well.
Advantages of using this homemade coconut oil toothpaste recipe:
- Very pleasant, fresh taste
- Teeth are cleaned much better and are kept clean for a longer period
- Successfully neutralizes garlic smell
- In case of accidental ingestion, it can be safely swallowed as none of the ingredients are harmful to your health
If you can find a tube to put your homemade toothpaste in, that would make it much easier to spread the toothpaste on your toothbrush. Use lukewarm water when brushing and cleaning your toothbrush as the coconut oil can get messy in cold water.
Coconut Oil Toothpaste Recipe
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of stevia extract or half a teaspoon of crushed dried leaves of stevia or mint (it’s less messy with stevia extract)
- 15-20 drops peppermint or cinnamon essential oil (I prefer peppermint)
- Melt coconut oil over very low heat and then add all other ingredients.
- Mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Put the mixture into a tube or in a small jar.
- Cool until it hardens and is then ready for use. Stir every 2-3 minutes to make sure ingredients blend well, until the composition hardens. All this time keep the recipient in a cool environment.
- Put a small amount of this mixture on a toothbrush and brush as normal
- Keep the tube or jar of toothpaste away from heat and light sources.
Most popular DIY
Latest posts by Petro (see all)
- Reusable Snack Bag Sewing Tutorial - June 20, 2019
- 35 Easy crafts for kids to keep them entertained all summer long - June 18, 2019
- Sparkling Lemon Berry Iced Tea - June 17, 2019