Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
This homemade remedy for lower back pain is not only a great help for back pain but also relieves pain due to arthritis, joints, bones and muscles issues.
Lately I’ve been neglecting my house as I had too much work to do; plus I got a kid with chicken pox AND strep bossing me around all day long. The house was literally begging for attention! And a few days ago I finally had time to respond properly. Only that, instead of cleaning for a couple of hours as all normal people do, I’ve done it in almost 12 hours. It was really that bad, trust me! Or maybe it’s all a case of OCD, who knows?
It was all lovely and enjoyable, in spite of the super natural efforts I had to put in. But it’s taken a toll on me, my back in particular. While all my muscles were sore the next day, my biggest issue was the fact that I could not move, my back was so stiff and painful! I barely got out of bed and dragged myself to the kitchen where I could put together my grandmother’s homemade remedy for lower back pain.
This back pain relief cream is meant to be used at night time which I did for the following 2 nights but at that moment I just couldn’t wait, something had to be done, the pain was too much to bare.
If you feel heaviness in your legs, back or joint pain you don’t have to waste your money on expensive creams; quickly grab a few simple ingredients I’m pretty sure you all have in your pantry and make your own natural back pain relief cream. It does smell a bit funky though, because of the mustard so if you’re very sensitive or you hate mustard you may want to skip making this cream.
Homemade remedy for lower back pain
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs mustard
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs baking soda
- Warm up the mustard
- Mix all ingredients together until they blend into a smooth texture
- The baking soda might bubble at first when in contact with mustard but keep stirring and it will get back to normal
- I normally stir for about 5 minutes
- The resulting cream should be enough for 3 days
How to use the cream
- Before applying, slightly warm the cream and apply directly on the sore area
- Place some plastic wrap over the area
- Cover with a towel and leave for at least 3 hours
- The best would be to apply before bed
- In the morning, remove the towel and plastic wrap and wash the affected area with soap and warm water
- Repeat the treatment for 2-3 days in a row for best result
Hi Petro, and thank you for sharing this recipe for back pain relief cream! I’m glad that you found it helpful and I will definitely try it myself. I’m trying to keep from eating any medicines as long as possible and I’m interested in trying all natural pain relief creams for my back. This is the first one I’ll be trying, inspired by you! Thanks again!
Hi Diana! Thanks so much for your lovely comment! I hope you’ll find this cream as useful as I do. I’ve been suffering from severe back pain since forever and this wonderful cream works wonders for me! xoxo