Got a cough, stuffy nose and chest congestion? Get instant relief with this easy to make homemade vapor rub recipe using only natural ingredients!
Homemade Vapor Rub Recipe
I made this homemade vapor rub recipe because I’m sick, guys, sick as a dog! In the middle of the summer! Summer is the season of fun in the sun, perfect for making lovely memories as a family and lots of barbecuing and picnics. Well, summer is not that fun when you’re dragging yourself around with a nasty a cold, I tell ya’!
This simple homemade vapor rub takes minutes to make, it’s completely natural using natural ingredients and it works better than the store bought version for me. Plus it smells exactly the way I want because I get to make my own blend of essential oils!
The best part I like about this homemade vapor rub recipe is the instant relief I get on my chest congestion and stuffy nose. I hate these two with all my heart! I suffer from anxiety and every time I get chest congestion or/and stuffed nose I can’t breathe properly which triggers my anxiety. Plus I feel dizzy and sleepy all the time because my brain doesn’t get the right amount of oxygen. Not fun at all!
It’s quick, easy and very effective, a great recipe that you can alter to better suit your own needs and preferences. And here’s a little bonus: these make really nice gifts!
I used my favorite essential oils and blends from Young Living. Here they are so you can have a better insight of what goes into this wonderful homemade vapor rub recipe:
- RC essential oil is a powerful blend of Spruce, Cyprus, and three types of Eucalyptus oils.
- Aroma Ease has a cool, minty aroma and contains powerful essential oils that contribute to a calming aroma (Peppermint, Spearmint, Ginger, Cardamom and Fennel).
- Thieves is a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils for a blend with a rich, spicy aroma.
- Peppermint invigorates the mind and senses, while inspiring a sense of peace. It creates a cool, tingling sensation on the skin when applied topically.
- Lemon is a key component in many popular essential oil-infused products for its refreshing scent.
Homemade Vapor Rub Recipe
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax pastilles
- 40 drops RC
- 30 drops Peppermint
- 30 drops Aroma Ease
- 10 drops Lemon
- 5 drops Thieves
- Place a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water and melt the coconut oil and beeswax together.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the essential oils.
- Let cool a bit and pour into an airtight jar.
- Store in a dark, cool place.
- Rub on chest when needed for instant relief.
Wanna learn more about essential oils? Read here why I’m so in love with Young Living essential oils and I use them in many household products I make.
Air fresheners discs
Calming room spray
DIY deodorant for sensitive skin
TOP DIY PROJECTS
Homemade flea repellent for home