Wanna stay healthy but find it hard to give up on your comfort foods? Not when you make your favorite pizza using this amazing crispy cauliflower pizza crust!
Low Carb Pizza Dough
I’m not a healthy food freak but as I grow older I realize I’m not a spring chicken anymore! Gone are the days when in a matter of minutes, I could down a whole pizza, full of fat, carbs and oh, that cheesy goodness without feeling the consequences almost immediately. This wonderful crispy cauliflower pizza crust helps me stay on track and still enjoy my favorite pizza every once in a while!
This lovely low carb pizza dough is also low fat, it’s crispy, tasty and simply the best option if you’re trying to keep an eye on your diet or even lose weight. I’ve been working on this crispy cauliflower pizza crust for a while testing the ingredients and adjusting baking times and the results are simply fabulous!
My low carb cauliflower pizza was made in a 2 part steamer for the best results! You put water in the bottom pan and set the other pan on top. The top pan has holes in the bottom. You add the cover and boil the water, and it steams the vegetable. Open top and check to see if the cauliflower is done when a knife or fork very easily slides into the vegetable. This helps to keep the liquid separate from the cauliflower. Because you do not want a runny pizza crust!
If you’ve been wanting for ages to try a lighter pizza version this healthy cauliflower pizza is your best bet! So flavorful and so easy to make, this crispy cauliflower pizza crust will be your go to recipe every time you crave pizza! And you won’t even notice the difference!
Crispy Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
Pizza toppings including:
- pizza sauce
- chopped fresh basil
- or any combination you like
You will also need:
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Line a pizza stone or baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Steam cauliflower in a 2 part steamer, until soft and tender
- Mash with a potato masher.
- Add 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and spices. Mix well.
- Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- Place onto prepared baking sheet and spread cauliflower evenly until about 1/2″ thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown and center is set.
- Remove from oven and top with sauce, remaining cheese and topping.
- Return to oven for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Slice and serve.